Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it still free to get into Melton?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Is it still free to get into Melton?

The reason I am wondering is that I see this story is spruiking the opportunity to get into Cranbourne for free - surely Cranbourne cannot cost if Melton is free

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=29028
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Yes Melton is free apparently. I did read that article...did it mention free entry if you contact the club and express interest in their ownership promotion?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That's the one Kyle
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Free entry. Even on big race days.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Which begs the question - why not everywhere?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Which begs the question - why not everywhere?
    I too think it should be free everywhere but Melton gets revenue from the restaurant and pokies and its probably not the goodness of Meltons heart that they give free entry but rather an issue with it being hard to have a gate fee when people go strictly for dining and pokies and a hotel room.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have always thought that if you want to charge but were smart, you should give the patrons the equivalent sum in betting vouchers (gallops should too) especially for the smaller meets where we struggle for attendance
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Cranbourne is $15 on Sat night.

Interesting point Kev which we have discussed with a new Manager (set of eyes) approaching our Cup meet.

We have elected to go with a gold coin donation to the McGrath Foundation instead of the usual $10 per head, theory being that the fact families will be $20 better off when they come through the gate might have a positive effect on crowd numbers.

When you think of it it can be a dear day out by the time you pay entry, buy a book, feed yourselves and kids too.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Your's is an interesting point too Kyle - maybe I will change my admission vouchers to be for betting or food - you do not have to bet to enjoy the trots (slogan?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread