Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiered prizemoney in Victoria for new racing season

Junior Member Yearling David Martin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Martin
    Thanks for posting that Kevin. I've joined the Harness Racing Forum and will aim to make contributions from time to time.

Senior Member 3YO KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac,Sunnys Little Whiz, 3Bears
    It's great to see you interacting with industry supporters David, through all of the various channels. While I'm from WA so much of what you talk about doesn't really affect our horses, it definitely gives me a feeling that you're thinking of the little guys

Junior Member Yearling David Martin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Martin
    Thanks Katie. The 'little guys' have been a significant focus for HRV in recent months. They play a really important role in the sport, and I know from my discussions with many of them how tough they're doing it. Initiatives like the $750 bonus for any horse winning a $3500 or $5000 race in September and October will hopefully helped a few, along with other races such as the 2.02 race (can only enter if your horse has an average time of 2.02 or worse for it's last 5 starts) or the other race whereby you can only enter if as a trainer you had 2 or less wins in the prior season. If you or others have ideas that we can consider, we'd love to hear them.

Senior Member 3YO KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac,Sunnys Little Whiz, 3Bears
    I don't know what your advertising budget is like but I wonder whether getting a couple of young social media influencers along to a night or two will help raise awareness and the profile of the trots amongst younger audiences.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think having 2 meetings (a day and a night) whenever there is a Mildura meet is worth considering as IMO a Mildura meet is the equivalent of an interstate meet to many Vics - you just have to run your eyes down the Trainer column to see that they are a whole different group

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=ML211117
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Surprising/ridiculous to think a $7k C0 at Swan Hill tonight would end up with only 4 going around

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#FDC19121705
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I still don't think the prizemoney for an M0 in Victoria is enough at $16k. We have some C0 races for $10k
    I know for trainers and owners, it is about picking the most profitable path for your horse and therefore they may not be concerned but IMO a metro win should be a big deal

+ Reply to Thread