Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wednesday night - Metro Menangle

aussiebreno

Wednesday night - Metro Menangle

Has anyone else heard HRNSW and NSWHRC are looking to do a 3month trial of the metro meetings being on a Wednesday night. They are looking to own a night and with the influx of overseas gallops races want to make a change from the usual Saturday night. Has the support of Metro trainers who can have a chance to enjoy the weekend a bit more.
    I think being on a Wednesday night turnover will be down, but whatever is lost will be more than picked up by the country meeting in the Saturday and an expanded exposure to to racing in the country. Noone goes to Menangle anyway so it will give an oppurtunity for country clubs to pull crowds. Talks only in preliminary stages but I am for it.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Haven't heard anything Brenno, but as you point out there are some attractive aspects and some not so, I reckon they will do what the TAB lets them anyway mate.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This was one of my submissions to HRV - good on NSWHR in realizing the importance of owning a night

ps I notice the OP was at 2.29am - this isn't an April Fools joke is it Brenno
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-01-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This was one of my submissions to HRV - good on NSWHR in realizing the importance of owning a night

ps I notice the OP was at 2.29am - this isn't an April Fools joke is it Brenno
    On the ball Kev. But more I thought about it the more I persauded myself. I wonder how much week night turnover would be affected??

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    been got!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was a sneaky one Dan.
    I thought of trying "Richard Prior, comeback your Ban has been rescinded" but I doubted that he would have seen it (Where is that man?!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread