Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 2yo's Thus Far

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Wasn't Johnny a little hard to catch / difficult in general as a young horse... I read that somewhere that is where his name come from. Hopefully with this similar family trait that have similar abilities - would be nice!
    Johnnie was always hard to catch. You should have tired driving him when we were breaking him in. Would take off at the drop of a hat but it was fun. We called him Johnnie from the start then when john bought him he would walk into his yard saying be good johnnie, so that is how he got his name. Have now got both 2 yr olds back in work so hopefully they will be ready to race as 3 yr olds.

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Had a busy week this week and was just watching some replays from earlier in the week and whilst I'm not suggesting he is top class just yet I really liked the win of Major Post at Menangle on Monday.

Chris Robbo has had some pretty good young ones in his time and knows how to get the best out of them, he is also very kind to them so I would think this horse has significant improvement in him.

Anyone else got an opinion on this horse?
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I thought he went good and i've been told his of to the paddock.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Wouldn't surprise me knowing what I have been told about Chris and they way he develops his youngsters.
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Major Post has a half sister by Rocknroll Hanover going through the Peppertree Farm sale.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Triple, Gabby was awesome tonight... you were spot on with your assessment. I wonder if she is Breeders Crown eligible and is heading over??

I will have to check the website now.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Johnnie was always hard to catch. You should have tired driving him when we were breaking him in. Would take off at the drop of a hat but it was fun. We called him Johnnie from the start then when john bought him he would walk into his yard saying be good johnnie, so that is how he got his name. Have now got both 2 yr olds back in work so hopefully they will be ready to race as 3 yr olds.
    I always love a good story behind a name

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    Triple, Gabby was awesome tonight... you were spot on with your assessment. I wonder if she is Breeders Crown eligible and is heading over??

I did the very same thing Zipper and couldn't see her amongst the eligible horses. She looks just brilliant, to come running out of the gates, lead from the very start by 12-15 metres and just run them off their legs...shes a female Vo Rogue!!

Very exciting.

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post

Just checked up the Futurities page for her on harnessweb and it says her yearling nomination was paid but as a 2yold was withdrawn

triplev123
    She's a terrific filly eh Zipper? Leaves hard, rolls along, scoots away. It's very rare to see a 2yo filly that can be used at both ends of the race like that while keeping the pressure on through the middle stages. It's the 2nd & 3rd quarters where she smashes them, they're looking to come up for air and she doesn't let them. A. C. Lewis...an armchair ride.

+ Reply to Thread