Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much difference would solid tyres make?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

How much difference would solid tyres make?

One of one of our poster's horses suffered a flat tyre tonight which got me thinking that there are too many ways to lose your money without mishaps like this so can one of our poster/participants tell me how much of a no no would solid tyres be.

ps I did not have any money on Paul's horse and despite it looking to the contrary - I am not stuttering in this post
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    From an OH&S perspective alone, might be a case of better the devil you know Kev. Given that wheel contact should be an accident, I'd rather the status quo with pneumatic tyres. A horse clipping a solid tyre might be more dangerous to that horse and horses following. The stewards will always investigate and handle the incident appropriately, minimising repeat offences, which may be missed if solids are used.

Whilst giving the punter a better run for their money is always a good thing, I guess it's like a galloper clipping heels or a greyhound being galloped on.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Your points are good ones Wayne, after mulling them over it did make me realize that we have a lot less interference than the other codes
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread