Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hrv declines to bid for inter dominion

triplev123
    Hey Breno,

When I read that piece from Termite I was instantly transported South of the Border.

I had this overwhelming urge to put on a pair of Moleskins,

some RM Williams boots,

a blue Chambray shirt,

tie a Toorallie jumper around my shoulders,

slap on a pair of Ray Ban Aviators and...

head off down to 'The G' to pontificate whilst standing at the Bar in 'Centre Square'.

....but after not having been able to locate the Stematil, I thought better of it.

Last edited by triplev123; 07-05-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: whilst is not spelt whist

aussiebreno
    Hahaha where on earth do you get the time and energy from to provide all these giggles. Be careful though; the mighty Carlton Blues are from south of the Murray

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Hey Breno,

When I read that piece from Termite I was instantly transported South of the Border.

I had this overwhelming urge to put on a pair of Moleskins,

some RM Williams boots,

a blue Chambray shirt,

tie a Toorallie jumper around my shoulders,

slap on a pair of Ray Ban Aviators and...

head off down to 'The G' to pontificate whist standing at the Bar in 'Centre Square'.

....but after not having been able to locate the Stematil, I thought better of it.

Probably should just stick to following your below average 2 year old fillies by Shark Gesture I reckon.

aussiebreno
    LCL I believe your local GP can help you with that pinched nerve of yours.

triplev123
    Careful Breno. LCL can stand for a lot of things.
    Le Credit Lyonnais; Lincoln City Library; Labour Contract Law ;Lateral Collateral Ligament ;Less than Container Load ;Lazarus Component Library ;Liberal Country League ;Lymphoblastoid Cell Line ;Lower Control Limit ;Lifted Condensation Level or it could be the Canadian Food Retailer...Loblaw Companies Limited.
    You need to be more specific.

aussiebreno
    If it was Lower Control Limit then that sums me up pretty well

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Here, here Termite! Meltons a great facility for harness racing. We frequent it often. It has its faults but they are ironing them out. Don't know a roof on the stand is a high priority though. Not like your sitting in it all night as you would be at 'The G'. Having frequented Moonee Valley as well, Melton is streets and streets ahead as far as harness racing is concerned. Its not that hard to find. Right next to a major freeway with an exit right at the front door of the track.

Menagle has a world class track but don't know the facilities can be described as such. My young son and I travelled to Menangle last year for the Miracle Mile. He too a big harness racing fan and big Smoken Up fan and was 'reward' for his efforts at school. My first time and "Trip of a lifetime" for son and we had a ball. They could have raced it in a paddock somewhere, wouldn't have mattered to us.

But we too got blank stares when asking where the track was. Even from the lady on reception at the hotel we stayed at near the track (the one advertised on Menagle website). We got there extra early so getting in no problem. Getting out another experience. 1 prehistoric one-way exit from car park. Got a bit 'messy' when someone trying to get in with horse truck as crowd was leaving. And no direct access to freeway. Guess it can cope with the normal race crowd so tipping not a high priority problem either. Didn't spoil our trip anyway and we'll be back again this year. Great racing and great track. Maybe a little less 'tactical' than racing at Melton (due track size I guess) but great to watch.

Congratulations to HRV for not going ahead if funds not there. Would rather see what funds there are invested into the participants of the industry.

Does anyone know who did bid?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Careful Breno. LCL can stand for a lot of things.
    Le Credit Lyonnais; Lincoln City Library; Labour Contract Law ;Lateral Collateral Ligament ;Less than Container Load ;Lazarus Component Library ;Liberal Country League ;Lymphoblastoid Cell Line ;Lower Control Limit ;Lifted Condensation Level or it could be the Canadian Food Retailer...Loblaw Companies Limited.
    You need to be more specific.
    Ha Ha Ha. Maybe Low Critisism Level?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Toohard

Don't take this as gospel but i think N.S.W and W.A were the only 2 to bid.
    Last edited by mango; 07-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread