Thread: Bloodlines of the Greats - which have survived

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Dainty's Daugher 1963

A great mare who was inducted into WA's Hall of Fame in 2010, see link for her listed racing performances

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Histor...rseID=10004422

Dainty's Devil was the best of her own progeny winning 18 of 90 starts
    But it is her first born Double Dainty who produced Double Wipe (the excellent Victorian 3yo) and it is this arm that still sees the line to the fore at Gloucester Park through La Mia Juliette 2011 (Dainty's Daughter is her 4th dam)
    LMJ won the Gp1 WA Sales Classic for 2yo fillies in 2014 and last won at GP just a couple of months ago

They all belong to U309 and Dainty's Daughter's 2nd dam is the 5th dam of our Katie's (KTQ) Three Bears
    Hah! I didn't even know they were related!! Thanks Kev!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It must be something about September because a year on, I decided to look up the families of a few old legends

Struck out on my first two - Hondo Grattan and Paleface Adios, there are no longer any progeny that can be traced to their dams (Paleface sired quite a few so I imagine his blood is still going around somewhere, albeit very diluted)

Welcome Advice has one glimmer of hope left (after researching many dead ends):

Old Ivy who won 11 (including an M0 at Moonee Valley in 2006 when driven by Kerryn Manning) and was placed 47 times had a filly foal in Dec 2014 but she is yet to be registered (a worry). This filly's 5th dam is Welcome Advice's dam with her 4th dam being a full sister to Welcome. Does anyone know the Buchanans of NSW?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread