Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coming Season - surely we all have something to talk about?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I can't seem to find any information on Washington VC - his service fee, his family etc beyond that he stands at Bryleigh Stud but I can't find any information on that either. Can anyone direct me?

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Washington VC stands at Bryleigh Stud in NZ but his semen has never been made available to Australian breeders as far as I am aware.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    Attachment 621
    CaptainTreacherous does look interesting based on his second dam being the mother of Worldly Beauty but I don't know if there's much else there breeding wise so maybe CaptainTreacherous and Worldly Beauty were flukes.
    They aren't flukes Katie. This is one of the greatest families in the stud book going back to Romola Hanover in the 1960's and including champions like Romeo Hanover, Romulus Hanover, Romalie Hanover through to the more modern day stars like Art Major, Real Artist, Worldly Beauty and Captaintreacherous. Look it up on Classic Families
    http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Descen...rseID=10016918

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I love her Katie - she is a stunner
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I love her Katie - she is a stunner
    That was her at a day old. You should see her now! *I love foals*

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    The thing is, if you look at its immediate family (dam, granddam, great granddam) there aren't a whole lot of BIG winners. I liked Rock N Roll Heaven because he was a great horse, and his mum was a great horse, he has great siblings, his granddam threw great horses, and the great granddam had a lot of big winners. CaptainTreach has a couple of superstars... but immediately that's it. So I'd like to see how his first foals race before I'd send a mare to him (not that I have mares )

Breeding is interesting though because I don't know much at all about classic families. I'd be interested to learn more for sure!

Edit: I meant to reply to eliteblood but it didnt' work for some reason.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The thing is, if you look at its immediate family (dam, granddam, great granddam) there aren't a whole lot of BIG winners. I liked Rock N Roll Heaven because he was a great horse, and his mum was a great horse, he has great siblings, his granddam threw great horses, and the great granddam had a lot of big winners. CaptainTreach has a couple of superstars... but immediately that's it. So I'd like to see how his first foals race before I'd send a mare to him (not that I have mares )

Breeding is interesting though because I don't know much at all about classic families. I'd be interested to learn more for sure!

Edit: I meant to reply to eliteblood but it didnt' work for some reason.
    ClassicFamilies is better than a library full of harness books Katie

You seem to be missing something when you mention the Captain's great grandam

If you narrow down the search Trevor suggested and just do the descendants of Captain Treacherous's grandam Rodine Hanover

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Descen...rseID=10016879

and open up all those little + boxes
    There are 19 descendants that have won over $250k as well as multi millionaires
    (Rock N Roll Heaven is a beauty but his grandam's descendants only show 8 over $250k winners)

One that should jump out at you from this arm of Captain Treacherous's family is our leading sire Art Major
    Open up this pedigree link for Art Major

http://classicfamilies.net/horsedeta...rseID=10034446

and open up this pedigree link for Captain Treacherous's dam Wordly Treasure

http://classicfamilies.net/HorseDeta...rseID=10086578

They are ¾ siblings

There are no guarantees in breeding but U7 is a brilliant family

http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Family...meGroup&AD=ASC

and Captain Treacherous's arm is a beauty
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-14-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Washington VC stands at Bryleigh Stud in NZ but his semen has never been made available to Australian breeders as far as I am aware.
    I wanted to find out information about his maternal line. Any idea where I could find it? I have googled his stud but they don't have a website it seems

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wanted to find out information about his maternal line. Any idea where I could find it? I have googled his stud but they don't have a website it seems
    ClassicFamilies of course Katie
    This is the link to his 3rd dam's descendants. Just open up all the little + boxes

http://classicfamilies.net/HorseDeta...rseID=10001226

This is the link to family U34

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Family...milyNumber=U34

Click on any of them and see where their Tail Line (a very handy tab) intersects with Washington's
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    2 more days and the first babies will be born. It's exciting but I tell you now, sometimes I am glad I live in Canada and no longer have to hear the foaling alarm go off again.. and again.. and again.. and again.. FOR NO BLOODY REASON! I swear those mares know what's going on and hold their heads sideways deliberately

+ Reply to Thread