Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Safely Kept

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle

Safely Kept

How good a bread and butter broodmare sire is Safely Kept? He dominated the recent Alabar challenge finals.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Beecow will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    How good a bread and butter broodmare sire is Safely Kept? He dominated the recent Alabar challenge finals.
    As a Fan of Jate, this mating might interest you, Pat. My Safely Kept mare has, as her third dam, a half sister to Jate Lobell by Oil Burner (Jate's grandsire). I put her to Sportswriter, whose dam is also by Jate Lobell, and she produced a beautiful filly, now a rising yearling.
    That gives her a 3x3 to Jate Lobell with Jate Lobell's half sister on her fourth line. Time will tell whether you can have too much of a good thing but, if looks count for anything, she has made a good start.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What is her name or who is her dam Brian - I would like to feed her into my Pedigree Partner db
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    What is her name or who is her dam Brian - I would like to feed her into my Pedigree Partner db
    The mare is Black Raider. We haven't registered the filly yet. We have another nice filly, rising two, by Roll With Joe, out of Black Raider.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I need to visualise these things Brian and that pedigree looks beautiful on PP
    I wish I knew how to reproduce them in colour to paste here (the closest I have found is how to write the pedigree in html for posting on my own website - which I dont have)
    For those like me the best I can offer is this link

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/ws/r/i...earch&Arg=TRUE

You can see Jiffy Lobell in the bottom corner and if we had another generation you would see that she is Oil Burner x JR Amy which makes her a ¾ sister to Jate Lobell
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I will see how this print screen works

If it does I would like to acknowledge Pedigree Partners as the source tool
    Attached Files
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think it works - will someone let me know if they were able to view the pedigree by clicking on the pdf link (I think you would have to be logged in to the forum)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I think it works - will someone let me know if they were able to view the pedigree by clicking on the pdf link (I think you would have to be logged in to the forum)
    Well done, Kevin. As a colourful as a painting. And thanks for your interest in the filly. I'd post a photo of her if I had the digital capability to do so. I could email you one if you wanted to take a look at her - that, I think I could manage, though I shouldn't speak too soon.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I will pm you an email address Brian and then I will be able to post the pic here for you

ps Mr Big and Mister Feelgood make pretty 'Jate' pedigrees with your mare too
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-20-2016 at 01:20 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread