Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stawell Today

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Stawell Today

R1 on this windy day saw Ava May have the sit on the fav ZBB who led and despite looking like she might drop out at the 600, hard driving from that point on saw Ava zoom up the sprint lane and win by 1.5m. Zoom is an exaggeration as they only rated 2.05.4 coming home in 62 with a last Q of 31.2 with the wind at their backs!

I noted that Angel Falls dam is a full sister to Manifold Bay but she showed nothing at her 2nd start
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-10-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The leader has won the next three races but the Death seaters have run impressive 2nds in the last two
    Just Call Me Mac and One Wise Man staged a 2 horse war in the 5th and although the wind miraculously disappeared they came home in 27.9 which is fast at Stawell
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Home from a stormy Stawell. After complimenting the final Q of R5, I felt obliged to add an update.
    In R6 Keayang Mercedes (and Cardon Merger) came home in an even faster 27.7 and although not as strong, the wind was definitely into their faces
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs up

It is not a huge room but it was good to see the recently renovated lounge quite full (pretty miserable outside) and there was considerable interest in the race replay screen which was on a largish screen today (after somebody reminded them to tune it in ) Every track should have a replay screen in their lounges
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not many here today. BUT it is building
    Two races down and we have had a $1.10 and a $1.20 fav beaten
    Less than $7k in the Win pool in both races (more in the First 4 )

You would have had the winner of the 2yo going on its warm up
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-09-2017 at 05:34 PM. Reason: BUT
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Amazed to see Chris Alford come all the way to Stawell for ONE drive for Emma Stewart - Machida. It was a heat for a $10k final which is not all that special
    I guess that is why he has driven over 6,000 winners.
    He is now in Kilmore as he 2 drives there including Poster Boy in a Crown heat
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yes , won on Machida and 2 winners at Kilmore. Great effort.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Yes , won on Machida and 2 winners at Kilmore. Great effort.
    The man is Everywhere - no wonder he features on 6 of the 12 months of the HRV calendar LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Kev,

Have you thought about volunteering in some capacity at Stawell?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congratulations to Stawell for putting on not just a meet but an event for Fathers Day today.
    I only called in on my way back from Melbourne but I was impressed to see the carpark full (admittedly it is a smallish one)
    and a full bistro lounge and so much going on outside and under cover
    There was laser tag, a mechanical bull, model trains, a car display, a band, ...
    Unfortunately the weather/wind was not kind and destroyed any chance of the band having an audience and bigger numbers attending
    but it can only get bigger and better with an exit survey table set up for feedback

Personally, I might be inclined to rethink the band and instead get a pro MC to have a bit of fun and a punters club with the lounge crowd
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread