Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2015 Inters

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Qld could have one but there is too much squabbling going on at the moment!! In the US, they all warm up their horses and sometimes the drivers in the score down turn them and work them a mile trip as well! They all seem to believe they race better after a warm up and/or blowout on racenight. I go through periods of gym involvement, when running I feel exhausted the first 5-10 minutes but then its like you get a second wind. I'm sure its the same for horses (ever driven one that's sluggish the first trip yet on the steel by the second or third trip when you're at home??)
    I'm the opposite Flashing. At footy I try my best to avoid the warm up because I like to go in fresh, and its not because I'm unfit. But yes many people say to keep running until you get your second wind.
    On a related note I also understand how horses can hit the wall and need a spell. Had a week off training last week and feel so much better for it.

Flashing Red
    If I were a horse I would be a good doer that is thick winded and needs drilling and is unfortunately one-paced. lol. :P

On another note, most horses I find seem to go (as in feel and travel better) with trips, but some it doesn't matter what you do...

triplev123
    ".........and needs drilling".

Geeze Flashing. Is Mr. Flashing aware of this? Not sure you should mention such things in a Public Forum. You'll have admin. all over your case. All I said was Wanker and he was onto me like a starving seagull on an errantly cast off hot chip.
    Last edited by triplev123; 07-07-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Flashing Red
    lmao, I'm sure someone will run and tell him! lol! It was actually in reference to the effort it takes for me to loose weight nowadays! It was so easy when I was a teenager! Sitting on my backside doing uni all the time isn't helping the cause either! lol! I'm getting old!

nat
    I love seeing good horses race on big race card and would watch these races but wouldn't make it for an Inter Dominion for me in my heart. Wouldn't it be better to race around the state of NSW in the heats to show case harness racing to all or don't they think they have the tracks to do this and to race so many big event races on the one card dose sometime take some of the gloss off who would remember the winner of a Derby on the same night as an Inter final. Their whole concept is absurd is this why NSW racing has dwelled for so long with power thinking like this?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Does anyone know what the Christchurch proposal/format was.

aussiebreno
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...709-1h7sc.html

Don't get me wrong I'd love watching an elite 3000m race at Menangle; just not under the ID banner. If no-one else wants it then maybe it is time for the ID to hit the grave and NSW can run this format but call it the Ben Hur. It might be time NSW got a 3rd grand circuit race back. Or perhaps they won't be able to get the same payday if its called Ben Hur as opposed to ID....I don't know the answer but would be interesting to know.

aussiebreno
    This isn't an anti HRNSW/anti Menangle thing. Below the ID article is an article on the race callers scheme; well done to them on giving these lesser knowns a crack.

nat
    Look I love the ID been to several and Grand Circuit racing and if the NSW want to race big events at Menangle do so the industry is better off for it but don't butcher the ID concept give it another name and system. the issue at hand is tendering for more than one year makes it hard to get backing for more than one year yet alone more just look at Vic the state government has been good to harness racing in recent years and even then it was hard to put a package together.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello All,

I miss the old 3 heats and a final format. Gave you many oppurtunities to see your favourite horse race over several nights. To me it epitomises what the standardbred is all about : speed and toughness.

+ Reply to Thread