Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocknroll Hanover

Flashing Red
    Great news if RNRH is coming!!!!

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Don,

It helps all our breeders to breed more talented horses BUT does it really help all our breeders where it matters most - financially ?
    Elite
    I Know what you mean but to have access to the many an varied stallions we have presently is great for all types of breeders. I have a small share in a couple of T/bred mares and can't believe the discounts/deals that are currently on the go. These deals are given by a phone call or a visit to the 'head' of the stud and a bit of old fashioned negotiation.

triplev123
    Hey Don C & Eliteblood,

These days we are spoilt for choice BIG-TIME.
    If you really want to frighten yourselves see if you can dig up an old Oz/NZ Sire's Guide from somewhere around 10-15 years ago.Absolute horror story stuff. Makes Stephen King's book 'Pet Sematary' look like a children's betime story.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Hey Don C & Eliteblood,

These days we are spoilt for choice BIG-TIME.
    If you really want to frighten yourselves see if you can dig up an old Oz/NZ Sire's Guide from somewhere around 10-15 years ago.Absolute horror story stuff. Makes Stephen King's book 'Pet Sematary' look like a children's betime story.
    Yes Triple V, the change in stallion quality is beyond what anyone could have imagined 15 years ago. For example,

2010 NH Leading 2YO Sire
    Art Major
    Rocknroll Hanover
    Bettors Delight

2010 NH Leading 3YO Sire
    Rocknroll Hanover
    Art Major
    Artsplace

2011 NH Leading 2YO Sire (to date)
    Art Major
    Dragon Again
    Rocknroll Hanover

2011 NH Leading 3YO Sire (to date)
    Bettors Delight
    Rocknroll Hanover
    Art Major

Art Major, Bettors Delight and Rocknroll Hanover are the hottest sires in the world at this moment and it is an incredibly exciting time to be breeding. The quality of our product has greatly improved in the last decade as better and better stallions have become available and it can only continue.
    I look forward to the day when we are breeding our own world champions and our own stallions so that the tap is shut on the vast sums of money currently leaving Australia and New Zealand in the form of stallion purchases and service fees.

triplev123
    Couldn't agree more Eliteblood.
    If there's just one thing we MUST do in terms of following in the footsteps of the Monkeys On Horseback is concerned...it is to keenly focus upon the production of our own sires.
    This of course MUST go hand in hand with a re-working of the 3yo schedule so that it can assist in this regard. When I was out at Menangle for the NSW Breeders Challenge Finals, a well known NSW identity made the point that we currently do not have a big $ race for 3yo colts over the Mile anywhere in Australia, a race which would afford aspiring stud colts the opportunity to scoot a 1:50 or sub trip. I hadn't considered this aspect up until he mentioned it. He has a VERY good point, IMO.

Junior Member Foal ITMQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    interesting point triplev, personally i wouldnt know a single stallions times but i understand it would help the marketing, i think they'd have to move a race to a mile rather then build a new one to carry over the prestige of the race... personally i think they should sort out the derby timings first, so maybe we could see a horse win all of them again just like courage did and really make a statement as a 3 yr old...

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Couldn't agree more Eliteblood.
    If there's just one thing we MUST do in terms of following in the footsteps of the Monkeys On Horseback is concerned...it is to keenly focus upon the production of our own sires.
    This of course MUST go hand in hand with a re-working of the 3yo schedule so that it can assist in this regard. When I was out at Menangle for the NSW Breeders Challenge Finals, a well known NSW identity made the point that we currently do not have a big $ race for 3yo colts over the Mile anywhere in Australia, a race which would afford aspiring stud colts the opportunity to scoot a 1:50 or sub trip. I hadn't considered this aspect up until he mentioned it. He has a VERY good point, IMO.
    Hello VVV,

What an excellent point ! With the talk regarding the limited gene pool in the US, which is one of the reasons Christian Cullen dipped his hoof in the water over there, I think this is a great idea. If we want to have an Australasian stallion serve in the US a fast time next to their name is an absolute must. Also being by a US sire like Art Major would not hurt either.

Would love to see Menagle have a version of the Little Brown Jug with heats and final on the same day. Little Brown Jug winners seem to have done pretty well down under. To me a win in this race proves you have the speed & the stamina. Also it would not hurt the chances of getting a good book of mares for this racewinning colt.

Junior Member Foal ITMQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    there wont be an australian/new zealand sire to ever make it as a top line horse in the US in my life time

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by ITMQ View Post
    there wont be an australian/new zealand sire to ever make it as a top line horse in the US in my life time
    You are probably right. I am more interested in australian/new zealand colts being held in the same regard locally as those from the northern hemisphere and competing with them as sire prospects down here. Hopefully you will see a shift in that regard during your lifetime.
    Think of the additional value that a well bred yearling colt would have.
    Think of the additional money circulating throughout our industry as opposed to being lost to the USA. How much money was "lost" to our industry in securing RNR Hanover to stand down here? How much money was lost to our industry through services to SBSW last year ?
    Last edited by eliteblood; 07-12-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: .

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    So You Think !

A very well performed Kiwi Bred - Aussie raced thoroughbred. If he can do well in Europe he would prove the point that it can be done. Being by the English stallion High Chaparral, and with an excellent record has not hurt his chances of being a shuttle stallion. At least the new owners paid a lot of money believing that he would be a success. Seems the thoroughbred people overseas acknowledge that we can breed a good horse or two.

For a Aussie / Kiwi stallion standardbred to be given a chance in the US they must have a very fast time next to their name. Also being by a US sire would be almost essential. They would also need to go over in their prime to show that they can handle US conditions. All it would take would be one stallion to get the ball rolling !

+ Reply to Thread