Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocknroll Hanover

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    im pretty sure he wont be travelling "down Under" at all - not Aust, not NZ

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I think it's fair to say it was a lot of money they were asking for to stand the horse in the Southern Hemisphere.

triplev123
    When it was first touted I did a basic nutting of the figures...and based on the initial outlay plus the interest component either paid or foregone plus the shipping & the incidentals...at the fee they could've reasonably stood the horse for here in Oz they'd have needed somewhere upwards of 200 a season in foal & paying their fees for at least 3 seasons straight before they got themselves into the clear. He has proven himself to be an exceptional sire but that's not good business, at least the way I see it anyway.

Flashing Red
    I know things look on the up for the Big M and slots in NJ generally now, but doesn't he stand in Jersey? Its a flailing state, I thought they would have liked the extra revenue for a period where he wouldn't be doing much anyway.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Flashing

They sure did want the extra revenue and i believe it was approx $6mil up front, maybe if they said $6mil over a 6 year period they might of got it. As Triple posted he would have to have at least 200 mare's infoal for 3yrs before they made a cent, not a good business decision if they take it.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Got good mail the big horse WILL be coming after all. I like all heard of the hiccups but word is a deal has been struck and Australias next super sire will be here for season 2011/2012. Could be announced as soon as next week. Exciting times cause I got one I can't wait to put under him!

triplev123
    Geeze, what a saga. It makes 'Gone With The Wind' look like a short story. Happy for them, regardless.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Amazing - Gtrain is right on the money. A deal is very likely now but on significantly more favourable terms to Aussie investors

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    More twists and turns than a rollercoaster ride at Disney Land, i hope it's true and favourable terms to Aussie investors would be a first.

triplev123
    Luke must have got an Answering Machine installed.

+ Reply to Thread