Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Fixing Arrests over Airborne Magic's Cobram win

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Turnbull, Pitt and Jack about to drive the 3 chances in Race 2 at Bendigo tonight - I wonder who will win?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#BNC14121705
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Be fair to say that Amanda Turnbull stole the show tonight with her training efforts ( 3 winners) from about the same opportunities at Bendigo

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Be fair to say that Amanda Turnbull stole the show tonight with her training efforts ( 3 winners) from about the same opportunities at Bendigo
    She did better than that Pat, she had 5 runners in 4 races and she achieved the ultimate by winning all 4 with a quinella

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#BNC14121705
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Am I the only one that finds it disturbing that many trainers are happy to use the accused drivers in the interim?
    I know one is innocent until proven guilty but there is some pretty damning evidence on public display that is doing our industry harm and there will no doubt be HRV charges still to come
    I think it says something about many more in our industry - what they are willing to accept or not accept, and thus something about our industry itself

Along with a couple of other matters in the news - it actually makes me contemplate whether our industry is too seedy to warrant one's support
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Cheers kev, I missed that last winner.

I basically agree with your thoughts on using drivers under suspicion or charged with an offence. Although I do think we have to take the general society procedures/rules with other employment where people have been charged such as the police who are usually suspended on full pay until a lawful decision is made. If we stopped them driving/training etc they would have to get some type of compensation or basic wage. Maybe I am on the wrong track with that one but worth thinking about.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    All our participants are basically self-employed.
    Your reputation is as much your living as your skill, if a self-employed plumber mucks up or is even under suspicion of having done so then he would probably expect it could affect his/her livelihood - his mates and family would hopefully be there for support
    It would seem that accused and numerous offenders that have returned from suspensions have lots of friends in our industry.
    Some may see it as loyalty and I agree that best mates and friendly have to be there under just about any circumstance
    My present frame of mind finds the size of the their network of friends worrying

I am clearly at odds with the RAD board as a friend has pointed out that decision on Feb 8 regarding the current matter before the court in Vic, included:

We are not satisfied that the need to protect the integrity of the industry outweighs the damage to the reputation and livelihood of these applicants. Indeed nor are we satisfied that the integrity of the industry will be harmed by the continued involvement of these applicants in the sport pending the outcome of charges.
    Accordingly, the decision of the Stewards to suspend all the applicants is stayed.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Latest HRV update on the matter

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35786

"HRV is unable to make any further comment in relation to the matter."

Surely HRV will be stating before April whether charges are to be laid against Amanda Turnbull
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Fully understand HRV cannot legally make a comment. However, the seriousness of the charges would normally demand some kind of action (you would think?).

As I indicated the other day HRV has stated it will crush an ant that dares to question the games's integrity but there will be an invasion of ants if this matter is just allowed to linger.
    Last edited by Showgrounds; 12-16-2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    It would appear, even before it's conclusion this case is asking more legal questions than can be answered by the rules as they stand, and legal argument being what it is today means no set of defined rules will be immune to attack.
    Time for our administrators to clearly define who they will licence and who they will not. I know for an absolute fact there have been some steps towards making it difficult for some to gain or regain licences but there needs to be a line in the sand drawn that discludes as many people as possible that have track records that display their lack of respect for the prosperity of the game and all the other participants.

And some people and administrations will need to grow a spine or go, the time has come in my humble opinion, for the small percentage of grubs (and hanger-on desperates) in this game to be gone.

not any easy task even though the numbers are small, but the weeding out is entirely necessary otherwise I fear the game will disappear.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Maybe karma has caught up ?

+ Reply to Thread