Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Fixing Arrests over Airborne Magic's Cobram win

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Anyone who has watched a crime movie or the proliferation of CSI or similar shows in the last 15 years knows that any crim worth his/her salt has at least 2 phones and a couple of throw away ones as well, the gendarmes would surely know this. As Trevor indicated some people need to have two phones. The people concerned would have had friends in on the action maybe even the nasty type and they would not hesitate to plonk some big money on the horse. All betting outlets have to have records of bets laid. I do know one of those concerned and have found their attitude/behaviour regarding a racehorse to be above board in any communications. I would imagine the penalty would be harsh if found guilty.

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    [QUOTE=Fan of Jate;53568]Thats a bit cruel Kev.., but showgrounds is right, some of these people are not smart even though they can train and drive a winner with the best of them. Makes you wonder how many are are smart enough to NOT use their phones.[/QUOTE

Like many who choose a gambling vocation stupidity is not a handicap even though as you say Pat some of them can train and drive a winner.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    After reading the Shepp New's excellent update I think at least one of the four can be gainfully employed operating an excavator. Appears to be very skillful at digging a deep hole!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have heard the term 'teflon Turnbulls'

But it is only fair that you have a 'cast iron' case to find someone guilty of anything
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-13-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: clarity
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    well well well it may be time for me to walk away from this industry with all the corruption allegations, my love of my horses may just keep me here a little longer to finish their careers.
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-13-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRV have issued a reminder about their Social media policy for participants

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35739

There may be times that I edit posts for the poster's protection in light of this policy

http://www.hrv.org.au/integrity/stew...-participants/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    HRV have issued a reminder about their Social media policy for participants

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35739

There may be times that I edit posts for the poster's protection in light of this policy

http://www.hrv.org.au/integrity/stew...-participants/
    As Basil Fawlty was advised "Don't mention the war"

The official line could be if you have an opinion, best keep it to yourself. Going through old racebooks (that should have been pulped decades ago) I realized I have been a hands-on, money on the the table participant in the trots caper for 45 long years. And a sucked-in wannabe for a few years before that.

It's pretty difficult for me to reconcile that, having witnessed countless baffling decisions by industry leaders, red-hot rorts on and off the track and countless dubious incidents that have gone unnoticed (perhaps, some just un-publicized) by stewards that I am not allowed to publicly comment on some of these. Not without being summonsed by a please explain session issued by a faceless person.

Makes you wonder a bit on how the much-flaunted word "integrity" is interpreted by the custodians of our sport.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Only one thing for it Trevor, we will all have to enter our posts in the "positives only thread, no ifs or buts" thereby removing most of the opinion from posts.

Having said that there may be a few backhanders off the ball in this forum but generally pretty good robust discussion which should not be seen as improper or going against "policy" After all, that's why we have moderators "dont we" ?

+ Reply to Thread