And the 'mud' gets used against us Dan. There is plenty of mud that can be thrown at the gallops too but instead they are loved by the media. It is so bloody sad that some do not see what they are doing to the industry - holding it back. For all the threads we have on Big Ideas, if harness produce any it will be interesting to see how much dirt is thrown when we try to promote them - so far I think the Inter developments look promising, fingers crossed.

In another thread, Katie was talking about the Everest in comparison to The Victoria Cup on Saturday. We do not have a media presence - I am certain not 1% of Victorians would know what the Victoria Cup is (much less the whole of Australia), let alone know that it was on at Melton last Saturday. If you were to retrospectively go out and survey Victorians and ask them "What event was held in Melton last Saturday" you would not find 1% knew even if you asked "What race was held in Melton last Saturday"

I won't have a bar of our Integrity Officers once again applauding Shayne Cramp in this month's Integrity Matters - only a fool would not show remorse after being caught. If you want to impress this reader - find me the story of a participant that has never been rubbed out for anything serious and let them tell us how/why they have avoided temptation.

I had a trainer pm me recently and lament the choice/records of some of the trainers we have as mentors nowadays - he had loads of ammunition