Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Fixing Arrests over Airborne Magic's Cobram win

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The leading stable in Vic still don't have a problem using Mark Pitt - a treble for them tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BN091118
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Just gotta feel that the three of them are rubbin' our noses in it every time the have a win.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We should know next Friday what RAD's verdict is on HRV's decision to suspend the three

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=38729

ps Once again, I ask why this cannot be found on the Vic thetrots.com = Looks like a cover up of anything other than positive news
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-10-2018 at 08:35 PM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Appeal dismissed. Suspensions reinstated from midnight 23/11.

In essence the convictions from the magistrates court stand until the case goes to the county court and are then set aside. County Court won’t hear the case until Jan 2020 at the earliest. Interests of the industry placed ahead of the interests of the individuals.

https://www.harness.org.au/NEWS/news...R16112018A.pdf

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The full decision is a long but interesting read even if some might say obvious
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I bet VCAT lets them train/drive until the court case is heard !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As I once posted in the Positives thread:

I read in the Harness Racer that

Matters put to VCAT will be limited to consideration of penalty, and not merit (i.e. VCAT will not re-consider if the RADB made the right decison in terms of guilty/not guilty)

I struggle to see how VCAT can overturn the decision if the above is a true description of their power
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    They will be appealing the severity of the penalty , it will be over 12 months until the court case. Almost certain VCAT will let them continue if the past is anything to go by.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is what I don't get - there is no specific penalty to appeal - they are suspended pending the outcome of an inquiry. If VCAT are not allowed to change the guilty decision - only rule on severity, surely the best they can do for them is to put a limit of say 6 months after which the 183 suspension lapses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Neither HRV or the RAD can tell VCAT what they can or cant rule on. I think it would require parliament to change laws for that to happen. VCAT can overturn anything the others do at this stage. This is ruining integrity in our sport.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread