Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Better still VCAT dismissed the appeal and

all licenses held by Lisa Bartley, Nathan Jack and Mark Pitt remain suspended; any horses owned or trained by them are prevented from racing or trialling; and they are excluded from attending any racecourse.

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=39052
    Still trying to find the 75% like button.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Was anyone else surprised at the choice of Amanda Turnbull as the replacement driver for suspended Mark Pitt on Hurricane Harley?

Couldn't it be seen as thumbing your nose at the Integrity Team? Or am I drawing a long bow?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    I can see where your coming from but it’s a bit of a stretch. Bottom line is court determine insufficient evidence to proceed against Amanda and she is as available to drive as any other driver, and in this instance more available to drive then other drivers of similar ilk as they already had long standing commitments to other horses. I think Amanda may train one or two now for Lauriston bloodstock as well.

aussiebreno
    Look at available drivers Stewarts use and Pitt and Jack are out and G Lang seems to be out of favour since the Hectorjayjay days (but did drive Demon Delight) so its really just Alford left, while Van Der Brande gets the 2nd stringers.
    Just going for who they think is the best available driver. Could hardly argue there is a better freelance driver around to pick.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Was anyone else surprised at the choice of Amanda Turnbull as the replacement driver for suspended Mark Pitt on Hurricane Harley?

Couldn't it be seen as thumbing your nose at the Integrity Team? Or am I drawing a long bow?
    I am extremely disappointed that this type of innuendo is aired on this forum. For those that need to know Amanda is not only one of the best freelance drivers in the industry but also a long time friend . We put the best drivers on our horses wherever possible and this was no exception. Accusations of this nature do not help our industry and are an insult to our integrity.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I knew it was being a little controversial but it really seemed a strange coincidence.
    I cannot say I thought it was anything more than that but wondered whether the stewards would be bemused at how things turn out

At no point did I think AT was selected for that reason but when we talk about what 'helps our industry' don't we have to consider how things can look
    Eg. When a driver suspended over very serious allegations is replaced by the partner of his accused, who was someone that was also questioned early in the investigation
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    i dont think your bow is the long as you think. good eucalypt trees in victoria for visiting wildlife to be fed on.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Whatever became of this pre-trial hearing?

I see Nathan received a $1500 fine for:

Mr Jack’s attendance at the Shepparton
    Harness Racing Club trial meeting on 21 February 2019 when Mr Jack was
    subject to an order of the HRV Stewards which excluded him from attending all
    racecourses.

http://www.harness.org.au/NEWS/news2...%20Release.pdf
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have lost track of where we are at with this trio, a result of the system or lack of
    I received a pm which thought their appeals may be coming up this month

We will have to keep checking HRA's Steward news as this is the only place we are likely to find any updates

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...ries/#stewards

There has not been much there of late - too many people on holidays?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread