Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Odds On Favourites under the VIC tiered system 2016-17

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    How could Gilty Hanover start at $1.08?? They are Superstar odds and I was wondering if I missed something so I scrolled back and looked at it’s recent runs, Nothing really caught my eye

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    How could Gilty Hanover start at $1.08?? They are Superstar odds and I was wondering if I missed something so I scrolled back and looked at it’s recent runs, Nothing really caught my eye
    $1.04 down here!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Four Walls $1.10 fav and winner in a $3,500 TR1 at Melton today is IMO what is wrong with the system at present
    At her previous start 11 days before she won a $14,000 final at Melton

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MXC30051806

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...18#MXM19051809
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Agree Kev, That race seemed a backward step and maybe should have been ineligible for that

aussiebreno
    $1.10 fave may not be a great result but its hard enough to find a good horse, are the owners entitled to get their fair share of pictures hanging up on the wall before the horse hits it mark?
    A 2nd placing to Emma Stewart is just as good as a win and it was just last week Gilty Hanover got beat in a C1 after 'winning' a $40,000 race. If the all conquering Stewart stable wasn't around and there was some form of prizemoney handicapping then Gilty Hanovers race career would be over. Got beat in C1 how would it go in higher grade?
    Ending careers prematurely is worse than $1.10 fave imo. Let the owners get their wins!

aussiebreno
    Maybe we should we be doing all we can to avoid $1.10 faves I just find it hard on owners who finally have one capable of winning races to rush it up in grade.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Very true Breno and owners we need to encourage, I need to think about the big picture before posting sorry

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    $1.10 fave may not be a great result but its hard enough to find a good horse, are the owners entitled to get their fair share of pictures hanging up on the wall before the horse hits it mark?
    A 2nd placing to Emma Stewart is just as good as a win and it was just last week Gilty Hanover got beat in a C1 after 'winning' a $40,000 race. If the all conquering Stewart stable wasn't around and there was some form of prizemoney handicapping then Gilty Hanovers race career would be over. Got beat in C1 how would it go in higher grade?
    Ending careers prematurely is worse than $1.10 fave imo. Let the owners get their wins!
    Although you are talking about a completely different horse Breno, I will have a go as I don't think you chose a good example for comparison
    Gilty Hanover did not win the start before the C1
    She did however win the race before that so I don't think they will pull the pin on her yet unless it is to get her ready for the breeding barn
    The C1 was a $7,000 race not a $3,500 race which is the problem I have with Four Walls
    GH was $1.04 fav beaten a HFNK in the C1 and received a QUER and VXAR

I am worried about the other horses trying to get a win in the $3500 race having their careers ended prematurely - so we are actually on the same page
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-31-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The better 3yo's continue to pillage the lower C class races. There were 3 that they could target in Vic today and they won them all.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    I think the term ' pillage ' is a little bit harsh Kev. Once a 3 year old has won 2 races there is very little programmed for them in their age group. They are classed as 3C2 C0. Open 3 year old races are almost non existent and the majority of C0 races are programmed as 4 year old and older. It is extremely difficult to find a suitable race for these 3 year olds who have ONLY won 2 races! The Vicbred Sires series heats are imminent and good luck to those that have found a lead up race . Most of our horses have been spelling for that reason and I would rather be at the races because that's why I' m a passionate owner , breeder and horse lover .
    The Emma Stewart stable has 22 horses trialling at Melton on Tuesday , many returning from spells.
    Also , the fields for Swan Hill on Wednesday were released today. There are 6 races on the program offering very good prizemoney ; 4 races at $7K , 1 race at $5K and 1 at $10,000K. Two races have 7 starters , two have 6 , and 2 have 5. A total of 36 starters ! The punters are HRV 's priorities but how can this meeting return a satisfactory result? . Maybe a review of the tiered system , handicapping and programming are urgently required.

+ Reply to Thread