Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lady euthenia

Junior Member Weanling desibg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Lady euthenia

Just having a look at the form and fixed odds on the TAB for Menangle Saturday Night and can't believe Lady Euthenia is odds on again.

I understand she was an unbeliveable juvenile and there is the McCarthy factor but she's only won once in the past 10 starts with a few spells between them as well. Should be a bit of value for the other runners, In Massachusetts looks good value at $5.00.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I was a big fan of Lady Euthenia when she was a juvenile , however , like you , I can not understand why she even favourite , let alone odds-on , in recent starts. She has been disappointing to say the very least , and I will not have a cent on her until she shows some consistent winning form.

Hope I am wrong , but she may be one of those that was a brilliant 2YO but never realised that form in later years. She is just being backed these days on what she used to do. It's sad to see her racing , against ordinary opposition , well below her juvenile form. I will be happy if she can show some of her old form soon.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i agree that she is not the horse she was, but I dont believe she is suited to the longer distances. i think a mile at menangle will be perfect for her where she can roll along in front

triplev123
    I think she's the same horse that she has always been...it's just that many of her contemporaries have caught up to her. It started to happen in earnest at the very end of her 3yo and now she's up over a bit of distance and in against 4yos + and real hard arses like Lady Lexus & Co. in the aged mares ranks as well as the C6+ betters all of a sudden it's a whole new ball game. HUGE step up from 2yo & 3yo Age Group racing to the All Aged ranks. Some take the next step and some don't. You could easily find that she steps up to the plate next season as a 5yo after a season in the relative wilderness as a 4yo learning to go with the older horses.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I'm tipping Lady Euthenia to bounce back into the winner's circle tonight, i agree with Mightymo i think the mile will suit her better and a couple of wks ago i think she trialled in 54 and change over the mile.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Good to see her back in the winning list. Hope that she can now continue to do what she promised earlier in her career.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I think she's the same horse that she has always been...it's just that many of her contemporaries have caught up to her. It started to happen in earnest at the very end of her 3yo and now she's up over a bit of distance and in against 4yos + and real hard arses like Lady Lexus & Co. in the aged mares ranks as well as the C6+ betters all of a sudden it's a whole new ball game. HUGE step up from 2yo & 3yo Age Group racing to the All Aged ranks. Some take the next step and some don't. You could easily find that she steps up to the plate next season as a 5yo after a season in the relative wilderness as a 4yo learning to go with the older horses.
    I don't know triplev, she just seemed to lose form so quickly!

She was brilliant as a 2 yr Old, but came back just as good if not better as a 3 Yr Old - she came from last on the turn to win at Menangle, she won the Oaks sitting 3 deep solo for the last lap, then walked in with the Gold Bracelet thrashing Miss Trickin Lombo to make it 5 wins on end, and 16 wins from 19 starts had 6 weeks between runs and and then never came back. Her next 4 runs were defeats against the same fillies she'd been consistently beating up on, she became untractable and raced fiercely, was sent for a proper spell and has been in the wilderness ever since.

Hoepfully Friday night is the first step on the way back.

triplev123
    Yeh, that form slide pretty much began in May/June of 2010 & give or take a week it coincided with her stepping out over the 2300m on the big track at Menangle. I think she'd be a pretty tricky horse to train because she can be a real bitch at times and because of that I think it would be hard to know when you had her and when you didn't. Judging by Saturday night's effort Luke seems to have her mentally fresh & sharp and her mind's back on the job. She won in fine style. Her owner/breeder & former trainer Peter Lewis is a really nice bloke.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Great to see Lady Euthenia win again tonight and improve her personal best time by 1.3 seconds.

triplev123
    Looks as though Luke has got her right back to her best. That was an excellent effort.

+ Reply to Thread