Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Inter Dominion

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With his eye for pedigrees, Ray has posted me that half the field is NZ bred with In The Pocket being a major factor. ITP is the grandsire of 4 runners, the grandgrandsire of another, and the broodmare sire of another.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    Runoneover went 1.52.5 on Gp. Fastest horse in Oz on that sized track. Hes nothing to sniff at
    I agree Katie - he is clear 2nd pick and his draw advantage over Hector could be telling
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Rod, which WA horses are you talking about? Run oneover ? This horse has only been in the country 18 months or is it some of the other half baked kiwi horses. It looks like Emma Stewart bought over 3 horses that were either injured or there was some other reason for being pulled out. Christen Me, Arden Rooney and Have faith in Me are all NZ horses that have all won at least $1.5 mill in prizemoney each and in tough competition and did not enter for various reasons so that is at least 3 top horses that aren't in it. If Lenny the Shark doesn't come up, then it will be IMHO the weakest Inter Dominion final ever.
    Pat,go back and have a look at the 2013 and 2014 ID finals. 2013 field the only four worth mentioning apart from the winner ITMQ who treated them with contempt were Terror to Love ( hardly ever performed in Australia), Ma Sish (just) Washakie, Caribbean Blaster ( perhaps) the rest forgettable. 2014 ID final apart from the winner Beautide remind me who was second Seel n Print (LOL). The 2012 Inters final in Perth at least Had I'm Themightyquinn, Mr Feelgood, Smoken Up, Auckland Reactor. Final result WA horses 1,2 and 3. So your argument falls somewhat flat.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 12-05-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Heard of a horse called Lazarus Rod???
    i guess he's TOO far east, doesnt count really!!
    Since when has an Interdominion Final field consisted of the very best horses available at a given time, you have to go back many years to find that. Christen Me, Arden Rooney and Have Faith In Me as Pat mentioned, are either injured or under-performing. I'm stating what I have said before don't send your horses from the east over here and expect wonders unless they can perform, at least Queensland learnt their lesson from last years ID. Rather straight forward I would have thought.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I cannot believe that a horse that pulled up sore in both front legs would be even contemplating a run in a gruelling 2900 metre race. Stepping up from 2536 metres to 2900 metres in a week would be inviting catastrophe.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I cannot believe that a horse that pulled up sore in both front legs would be even contemplating a run in a gruelling 2900 metre race. Stepping up from 2536 metres to 2900 metres in a week would be inviting catastrophe.
    Lennys "injury" was an abscess, as quoted by Shane Tritton on Twitter recently, "an abscess is an ON off type injury" with other Trainers stating how they have had an abscess burst on RACEDAY morning and they won that night...so not necessarily an inevitable catastrophe...

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Rod, I am not sure how my argument falls flat. 2012 was a strong interdom field and people came to watch those horses who were actually TOP horses but this field would not turn the average citizens head in any way shape or form. It is more like a Ballarat cup or strong FFA race at Menangle. What person who doesn't follow racing is going to show up and pay to watch this field unless it is a fireworks night which no doubt it will be. I cant comprehend how anyone would think that this is a top Interdom field. This also goes back to why people don't go to the races, one of the reasons is that there are no out and out stars which will attract people to the races. Lenny the Shark is the only one that really stands out.
    Adding to the above, The first inter that Beautide won (2014) had 6 millionaires in it and two of those had won 2 million. Lets start getting serious here.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Rod, which WA horses are you talking about? Run oneover ? This horse has only been in the country 18 months or is it some of the other half baked kiwi horses. It looks like Emma Stewart bought over 3 horses that were either injured or there was some other reason for being pulled out. Christen Me, Arden Rooney and Have faith in Me are all NZ horses that have all won at least $1.5 mill in prizemoney each and in tough competition and did not enter for various reasons so that is at least 3 top horses that aren't in it. If Lenny the Shark doesn't come up, then it will be IMHO the weakest Inter Dominion final ever.
    A lot out as you mention but it is stronger than last years final.

aussiebreno
    Hector to get 1-1 from John of Arc? Run Oneover naturally and with John of Arc in the death the speed will be on. In this class as we've seen in the heats the speed will still be on 1200 - 400m so those behind Hector won't be able to get in the race (Smolda and Lenny not going good enough anyway) and he will pop out when he wants and be too good for Run Oneover who should hang on for 2nd. John of Arc should drop off enough to let Bling get out and run 3rd. If Lenny is in the race Boaz will have to come round every horse to finish 4th. If Lenny is scratched Boaz becomes a chance at a place. If Boaz drew better he wins or cert to place. He will win the series next year.

F4 with Lenny in the race. 9 - 2 - 1 - 10
    F4 with no Lenny. 9 - 1,10 - 1,2,10 - 1,2,10

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yes, it is a tad stronger than last years field which was ordinary,Hector will have to be travelling pretty well to win this one and I think he will win from Run Oneover

+ Reply to Thread