Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Inter Dominion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I can't see Lenny winning the final if he has missed work. If he does then he must really be special !
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I can't see Lenny winning the final if he has missed work. If he does then he must really be special !
    3 runs last week and 7 days between runs. I don't think he is going quite as well as he has been past 18 months so can't see him winning but don't think missing work will be much of a factor.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Love it....Genetic variation, but the rest of it I could not follow..

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Rod, the two WA horses should give their owners some value in the final. My hard copy is another horse missing from the InterDom as well. I am not sure what his future holds.

Lenny the Shark must be a chance if he races without injury, he has done nothing wrong in the heats.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post

This is the honest truth.........my dad in his later years had nominated two horses in the days when you had them sent to you...yes a long time ago! but he forgot he had done so. Any way race day comes & my friend Mark goes down to get the horses because they are in the fields , he gets to
    my dads place , my dad said Mark what are you doing here & he said Joe your two horses are racing today , my dad said ....bugger it , I haven't worked them for 10 days Mark , he thought for about 10 seconds & said oh they will be right you can not lose fitness in 10 days.....low & behold the first one ran 2nd after being flattened at the start & the 2nd one broke the track record winning easily .Reckon Lenny should be fine. Good luck to all in Final & consolation.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    This is the honest truth.........my dad in his later years had nominated two horses in the days when you had them sent to you...yes a long time ago! but he forgot he had done so. Any way race day comes & my friend Mark goes down to get the horses because they are in the fields , he gets to
    my dads place , my dad said Mark what are you doing here & he said Joe your two horses are racing today , my dad said ....bugger it , I haven't worked them for 10 days Mark , he thought for about 10 seconds & said oh they will be right you can not lose fitness in 10 days.....low & behold the first one ran 2nd after being flattened at the start & the 2nd one broke the track record winning easily .Reckon Lenny should be fine. Good luck to all in Final & consolation.
    Can only talk for human fitness but the idea is called tapering. Taper off your training in the week or two leading up to a big race for best results.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Interdominion Finalists by Sire Lines..The influence of Direct Scooter

A look at the sire lines shows that the predictions of 20 or so years ago that Meadow Skipper blood had saturated the breeding of pacers and backed breeders into a corner has not eventuated.
    Who would have thought that the dominant sire-line in this field is the Direct Scooter line?
    And all 6 are sired by sons or grandsons of the Direct Scooter import In The Pocket

The 12 in the field, including emergencies are:

Direct Scooter: (6) ..Volomite sireline
    Run One Over... Changeover/In The Pocket/ Direct Scooter
    Our Jerico ... Tomahawk/Christian Cullen/In the Pocket/Direct Scooter
    John of Ark... Courage Under Fire/In The Pocket/Direct Scooter
    France Nelson... Christian Cullen/In The Pocket/Direct Scooter
    Smolda... Courage Under Fire/In The Pocket/Direct Scooter
    The Bucket List ... Christian Cullen/In The Pocket/Direct Scooter

No No Nukes: (3) ..Meadow Skipper sireline
    Our Jimmy Johnson... PForty Seven/The Panderosa/Western Hanover/No Nukes
    Bling It On ... American Ideal/Western Ideal/Western Hanover/No Nukes
    Beaudine Boaz ... Badlands Hanover/Western Hanover/No Nukes

Cam Fella: (2)... Meadow Skipper sireline
    Bettors Fire... Bettors Delight/Cams Card Shark/Cam Fella
    Lennytheshark... Four Starzz Shark/Cams Card Shark/Cam Fella

Abercrombie: (1)... Adios sireline
    Hector Jayjay... Dream Away/Artsplace/Abercrombie

As an aside: The turnaround to Direct Scooter blood continues with the success of the Matt Scooter son Mach Three and his amazing son Somebeaachsomewhere...and the promise of Auckland Reactor.
    Last edited by Adaptor; 12-08-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As I mentioned in an earlier post - I am calling it the In The Pocket dominance Noel
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lenny's vet inspection is today - hopefully the results will be known soon
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread