Roll With Joe

Thread: Victorian Country Cups circuit 2016

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Victorian Country Cups circuit 2016

We kick off with the Swan Hill Cup tonight and how privileged are the locals to have Guaranteed and Hector Jay Jay going around in their $30k cup. Guaranteed resuming would have been coup enough in my book but to also have the Interdom Fav is sensational for the locals. There will be $30k cups later in the season which wont attract better than Smudge Bromac - no criticism intended, just pointing out how lucky Swan Hill are tonight.

They know how to attract a field as last year it was won by the Hunter Cup winner Arden Rooney before he headed off to win the NZ Cup. It will be a Tk Rec tonight as AR's wonderful 1.57.3 was for the 2790m SS with AR coming off 30m while tonight is now of course from the mobile. I do not think anyone can argue that tonight would have been a much better contest as a handicap but then again they may not have attracted the top 2.

I hope we will have a poster in attendance to report that they have a huge crowd. If we did not have visitors this weekend I would go myself as it is < 3hrs - and that is a turn around from a guy who did not even go to the local meet on Thursday! If great horses cannot pull a crowd then we are in big trouble. If you cannot be there tune in at 9pm tonight folks

https://www.harness.org.au/fields.cf...romstate=vic#7

ps Looking up Arden Rooney is another one of those schemozzles where you have to go between 2 sites to study his performances but at least NZ acknowledges his Aus form.
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-15-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI