Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Victorian Country Cups circuit 2016

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    And remember those figures you quoted don't include corporate turnover. And the corporate graphs are only growing each year. That information comes back to the HRV wagering manager after about a month.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by codywinnell View Post
    If Ohoka starts odds-on he'll be starting too short. I've got him top pick but more of a $2.6 chance. Yankee Rockstar a huge danger. Also reckon Smudge Bromac is crazy overs at 100-1.

Kevin, on your first 4 notes few posts above, as I said, trots punters react differently to gallops punters. That race had first 4 written all over it. I got it several times and so did just about every trots aficionado I spoke to. It wasn't very hard admittedly. But just because there's an odds-on favourite dominating the market doesn't mean there is no chance for punters to make an earn on the punt. It's about educating punters who think it's $1.5 each-way or nothing else to see they can play a $3 first 4 or trifecta and still have a great chance of making money IMO.
    As I have said on a few occasions, odds on favorites often do not hurt turnover as what you lose on the win and place pools - you can gain on the exotics.
    There would no doubt still be even more punters who could be educated to try this strategy.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On my way home from a weekend away, a mad dash saw me arrive at Maryborough just in time for the Pacing Cup BUT what a bonus, due to a power outage races were running an hour behind time so I saw the Trotting Cup too.

It may well be 35 years since I have been to Maryborough and I must say it is an excellent viewing circuit.
    I loved how they were 6 across the track to contest the finish of the 3 races I witnessed - almost within arms reach for the crowd
    While The Boss Man could not hold out the wide charge in the Trot, Ohoka Punter had no such trouble in the Pacing Cup
    With the Cup now being a mobile affair, Ohoka can now lay claim to the 2690m mobile Tk Rec which up until today belonged to the trotter Wilmas Mate for both pacers and trotters thanks to her win in the Trotters Derby late last season

The crowd seemed pretty good especially considering the man on the gate told me plenty had already left because it was too cold - it did not seem that bad to me
    The crowd however had to be 99% old rusted-ons like myself and what with the facilities looking a little tired I could not help but fear for harness's future - a feeling that will not escape me of late
    The Chairman was there and I wondered how he sees our future

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...H231016&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The new Country Cups Carnival site looks very attractive

http://www.trotscountry.com.au/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gotta love this video promo too, filmed in my old home of YG - the pub, the old rail bridge, the hilltop views (I lived in that road until Black Saturday)

https://youtu.be/Otp8NiqyR1g?list=TL...T9oyODEwMjAxNg
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Its Great !
    Gives us Country Clubs some very good promotion tools to work with. Well done to HRV and those whose work it is !
    By the way, pencil in FRIDAY Feb 13 as a must come to the Petstock Bendigo Pacing Cup and Aldbaran Park Maori Mile.
    We've never had the cup on Friday night.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Who needs to go to the Interdom when we have Thursday's YV cup on our doorstep.
    So far the noms (extended till tomorrow morning) include:

HECTORJAYJAY
    YANKEE ROCKSTAR
    GUARANTEED
    MAJOR SECRET
    CHILLI PALMER NZ
    FIVE STAR ANVIL NZ
    LUCKY LOMBO
    RESTREPO
    KOTARE ROLAND NZ
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=31349

The story says

It will be the third year that the Yarra Valley has also held its pacing and trotting cups on Oaks Day, which Mr Shambrook said gave punters “another bite of the spring carnival cheer”.

I am pretty sure this is wrong - I cannot remember the YV Cup being held on Oaks day before
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=31349

The story says

It will be the third year that the Yarra Valley has also held its pacing and trotting cups on Oaks Day, which Mr Shambrook said gave punters “another bite of the spring carnival cheer”.

I am pretty sure this is wrong - I cannot remember the YV Cup being held on Oaks day before

Cup has been held in Dec but they have raced on Oaks Day before

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Kyle, that is what I thought. After looking at yesterday's pathetic TAB pools when competing against the major gallops meet, what I thought was a clever move, it would now seem to be a risk putting up your cup against another one. Or are they getting a share of what is bet on the gallops on course?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread