Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bad drives

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    wouldnt surprise me LCL.. some people are immune, some are singled out... but without seeing the race in question cant really take his side
    Not asking you to take sides Smithy. The facts are there. The horse was an outsider (sorry 20/1) and ran a great race beaten about 7 metres. Driver gets suspended for 6 weeks. Powers that be, pat themselves on the back for rubbing out a small time owner/trainer/driver who doesn't punt, for a suspicious drive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    my pet hate is bad drives. Our industry depends massively on the punting dollar and so it is essential that punters have the confidence to expect certain things from a driver.

i just watched Race 5 at Albion park. I thought From the North was a good thing and backed it.

A horse called Narvik worked to the lead and was then challenged, and then challenged again by FTN but refused to hand up the lead despite the earlier work. If Narvik was in form and in the market i could understand that, but it has not won a race since Dec 09, and has run last or second last at each of its last 4 starts beaten between 14-37m. I was paying almost 40-1.
    The horse was then challenged again, this time by Jennas Regret and again refused to hnad up. The horse was gone at ther 600m and finished tailed off last.

Now the horse was not driven by a hobby trainer, but rather by someone who should know a lot better in Bernie Hewitt.

I dont know Bernie, but that was a stinker and he deserves to get a decent holiday.

Its time start getting tough with drivers and dish out holidays and decent fines. we need to hit them where it hurts, and i guarantee where will see less bad drives.
    This is the stewards report:

SAM MCCOOL (N Hanrahan) was momentarily inconvenienced passing the 500m when NARVIK commenced to give ground. A veterinary examination of NARVIK subsequent to the event revealed the gelding to be suffering from minor dehydration. Stewards advised Mr. Hewitt that if the gelding was to perform in a similar manner he would be required to go back to the trials to establish some better form.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    my pet hate is bad drives. Our industry depends massively on the punting dollar and so it is essential that punters have the confidence to expect certain things from a driver.

i just watched Race 5 at Albion park. I thought From the North was a good thing and backed it.

A horse called Narvik worked to the lead and was then challenged, and then challenged again by FTN but refused to hand up the lead despite the earlier work. If Narvik was in form and in the market i could understand that, but it has not won a race since Dec 09, and has run last or second last at each of its last 4 starts beaten between 14-37m. I was paying almost 40-1.
    The horse was then challenged again, this time by Jennas Regret and again refused to hnad up. The horse was gone at ther 600m and finished tailed off last.

Now the horse was not driven by a hobby trainer, but rather by someone who should know a lot better in Bernie Hewitt.

I dont know Bernie, but that was a stinker and he deserves to get a decent holiday.

Its time start getting tough with drivers and dish out holidays and decent fines. we need to hit them where it hurts, and i guarantee where will see less bad drives.
    This is the stewards report...

SAM MCCOOL (N Hanrahan) was momentarily inconvenienced passing the 500m when NARVIK commenced to give ground. A veterinary examination of NARVIK subsequent to the event revealed the gelding to be suffering from minor dehydration. Stewards advised Mr. Hewitt that if the gelding was to perform in a similar manner he would be required to go back to the trials to establish some better form.

+ Reply to Thread