Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jeremes Jet

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden

Jeremes Jet

Noticed his yearlings were very popular on the second day at Harrisburg ... seven lots sold at an average of $66,000.

They fetched 50k, 55k, 60k, 62k, 65k, 80k and 90k.

I'm assuming that means he is rated highly in North America - and they were nice types.

It'll be interesting to see how his first crop is received in Australia and New Zealand at the upcoming sales.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Yes they sold well because they were great lookers all of them and they were really well done and in great condition. Jereme was a very good young horse that failed to deliver against the older horses and he has a shot at stud but the Western Hanover line has not fired that well so I will be giving it a miss this coming season. They are all great lookers the Westerns and his sons but that does not make them run any faster and the price certainly does make them go any quicker as well.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Some respected judges (Jimmy Takter, Casie Coleman) have obviously given them the tick. I guess only time will tell.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I've seen a few of Jeremes foals and there nice and correct types i don't think it will be long untill he is booked out. Ben who did you decide to send your mare to?

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Hi Mango,
    I've decided to let my Artsplace mare race for at least another season before considering the embryo transfer option. She may even be off the track by this time next year.
    We've sent two mares to American Ideal this season ... but my main interest in Jeremes Jet is because we have a nice yearling colt by him. Fingers crossed his popularity continues in the Southern Hemisphere, as he's going through the APG sales in February.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Ben
    I'm sending 1 mare to American Ideal (Im off Limits) and with my other mare who is in the breeding barn section of the trotguide today with a Western Ideal filly at foat i'm tossing up between Art Major and Jeremes Jet.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Mango, one of the mares we're sending to American Ideal - Scentiment - is an Artiscape, too. She's the mother of the Jeremes Jet colt we're putting through APG.

I've decided to put on hold any thoughts of embryo transfer with my Artsplace mare, Sapphire Lil. I don't want to do anything that could upset her racing program. I'd rather give her every chance to be as successful as possible on the track.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Just checked out the results at Harrisburg from day 3 ... another big day for Jeremes Jet. I spotted three lots by him - sold for 11k (not so good), 105k and 120k. He must be the leading the sires' averages, you'd think.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Ben, your mare scentiment who is going to American Ideal her mother Scent has a yearling colt by American Ideal so thats interesting. I would not be doing an embryo either on your mare sapphire lil, she is very well bred and only lightly raced and already you have the runs on the board for breeding later but hopefully she will continue to improve and pick up some more wins for you. Jeremes Jets are averaging a touch over $69,000 so far if you go into the blackbook.com and click on results and then click on part 1 above the results there's a box with detailed search for sire's, hip number or consigners if you click on sire's it will say how many are sold and give you the average.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Some really amazing results for Jereme. It's pretty phenomenal for him to be outselling stallions like Rocknroll Hanover, Western Ideal, Art Major and co.

I'm hoping they're similarly popular in Australia. The colt we have entered in Melbourne is a terrific type, which seems to be something the sire has managed to produce from his first crop. I'm hoping they have inherited some of his speed, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a significant impact on the breeding scene ... but it's still a guessing game at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread