Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broodmare Values : Fleur De Lil for example only

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith

Broodmare Values : Fleur De Lil for example only

Hello Hello,

It would be appreciated if someone could give me an idea as to how you would put a value on a mare such as this for breeding purposes.

Assuming that she was retired from racing and was going to be a broodmare. Things like expected number of foals, selling prices etc if she was bred to various stallions.

I picked this mare simply because she is extremely well performed and from a good family. If anyone has other mares similar that they could give an estimated idea of value.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    Hello Hello,

It would be appreciated if someone could give me an idea as to how you would put a value on a mare such as this for breeding purposes.

Assuming that she was retired from racing and was going to be a broodmare. Things like expected number of foals, selling prices etc if she was bred to various stallions.

I picked this mare simply because she is extremely well performed and from a good family. If anyone has other mares similar that they could give an estimated idea of value.
    Hi Sue

As a buyer I expect, to get my money back within 2-3 years.

With an empty mare like FDL, that basically means you need to work out what her first foal will bring. Depending on type etc, you would say 75-100K. From this you then need to deduct the service fee and breeding costs etc.

The balance is basically what I would say she is worth. so prob around 60-70K. A seller would probably want more!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Harvey

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Harvey,

Thank you for the help ! Pricing these top end broodmares I find to be difficult as I have seen only a few and to me the asking price always seems very high. I would expect the asking price would be $ 150,000 to $ 200,000 in a good selling climate for this mare.

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i'd think 50k, or in foal 50k plus whatever shes in foal too, so say 65k ish

check your private messages LOC ill send you some prices of good mares that were for sale in the recent past i know of - for your interest

actually if she was in foal to cullen and you got your vet to sex test it and it was a colt, she'd be worth 100k

does anyone know whats happened to the older galvinator sisters?
    Last edited by smithy; 07-13-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Smithy

Could you send them to me also if you don't mind as i would like to know what price you are paying for a good mare and how good she is on paper.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    i'd think 50k, or in foal 50k plus whatever shes in foal too, so say 65k ish

check your private messages LOC ill send you some prices of good mares that were for sale in the recent past i know of - for your interest

actually if she was in foal to cullen and you got your vet to sex test it and it was a colt, she'd be worth 100k

does anyone know whats happened to the older galvinator sisters?
    there is only one galvinator sister. Rob Watson purchased her last year in the US in foal to western ideal for around 75K I think

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Hello Harvey,

Thank you for the help ! Pricing these top end broodmares I find to be difficult as I have seen only a few and to me the asking price always seems very high. I would expect the asking price would be $ 150,000 to $ 200,000 in a good selling climate for this mare.

There is not a harness racing mare in the world that would make sense for an Aust buyer to pay anywhere near that money. in fact, I cant think of a single mare that i would say is worth anymore than 100K

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Hello Harvey,

Anytime you want an opinion on a price, please feel free to email or call me. I must have bought/sold well over 100 mares in the last 5 years so i reckon have a fairly good handle on things

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo

They must of dropped there price for Miss Galvinator cause i remember at one stage they had $110k on her.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    im preety certain they did drop the price

+ Reply to Thread