Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An interesting Stewards ruling from Menangle, Tuesday.

triplev123

An interesting Stewards ruling from Menangle, Tuesday.

RACE 3 – C91.3 FM PACE (MARES BONUS SCHEME HEAT) – 1609 METRES

Horses BROOKE EMMA and BEACH BABY BEACH were both subject to pre race blood testing.

A post race urine sample was attempted from the winner BEACH BABY BEACH but this was unsuccessful.

ELIZA BE will be reincluded in the barrier draw.

KARINGLE AURELLA sustained a flat offside sulky tyre shortly after the start.

Shortly after passing the 400 metre mark KARINGLE AURELLA which was racing in the marker peg position hung out at the same time as the horse racing to its outside, namely SCORE SOME COURAGE hung in and both runners locked wheels momentarily. In view of the circumstances warnings were issued against both runners.

The driver of KARINGLE AURELLA (D Hancock) was reprimanded under Rule 156(2) for using his whip with a free hand prior to reaching the 200 metre mark.

BYE BYE SIR NZ after leading in the event compounded over the final stages finishing in last position. The mare was examined by the club's Veterinarian and no abnormalities were detected. When questioned Trainer J Tapp believed the mare had not been suited to racing at Menangle as her only two starts there have resulted in finishing in last position. In view of this, BYE BYE SIR NZ was stood down until it can requalify on one occasion at Menangle but is free to race at other venues.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    What a load of crap your either barred for a trial or your not so don't race at Menangle 2 poor performances and no penalty i wonder if the same leniency would be afforded to a lesser known trainer i don't
    think so or perhaps Bill and the boy's are having a let the boss in softly period to give people something to whinge about ha ha
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Maybe Tappy pulled a swifty (I don't know, don't know the horse in question) but the rule is a good one. Think back to Febuary last year. Sheezallattitude wins at Menangle, then goes to Linden Huntly at Bulli. Gallops appallingly around the tight track and gets sent for one trial. Goes to Menangle for the trial and qualifies easy as you like. I forget how things panned out in the Bulli final. Goes to Bathurst for the Tiara and gallops at the first turn. Is then made to qualify around Bathurst; and later on for the APG was made to qualify for at Albion Par prior to racing there. The trainers/driver of those horses drawn behind in her would be much more confident than those who drew behind her at Bulli (although she was probably ODM I dont know)

triplev123
    I've got to say...in the NSW Stewards defence, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.
    Clearly there are half mile horses and there are big track horses. Maybe this one is just not a big track horse?
    Had they done this when the track first opened for business...then there would have been horses getting a Menangle barring left right and centre but time has sorted many of them out. Some horses just don't have the mental & physical fortitude required to lead into that stretch and still be there swinging at the wire.
    I think that Jimmy Brown put it best when talking to a friend of mine about the way that different horses handle racing out at Menangle he said..."Some of them will charge down the straight no problems but with others you have to paint a picture of the winning post on the inside of their block eyes".

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I think a lot of the problem why some horses gallop at Menangle is that they're not used to the speed required out of the gate and turns as you hardly draw breath from go to wo the speed for the whole journey doesn't alter a whole lot in a truly run race
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    they can't stack them up at menangle, tappys horse is weak and its a long way up the straight - end of story good decision stewards

+ Reply to Thread