Thread: Treuer Memorial

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,

Treuer Memorial

Hi all,

I had the pleasure of winning the Treuer Memorial with Tact Tate on Friday night, a race I was over the moon to win because of the unbelievable past winners of the race.. Well over the moon is probably an understatement the way we enjoyed it afterwards

However, what a shame the race is not considered the same great race it once was (Group 1 to Group 2) and even more so the pre & post race promotion has been real ordinary. Maybe I'm being bias because I am an owner of the winner but I did expect to see a bit more written (at least) about the race.. Maybe the timing also an issue alongside the Interdom..

Anyway, I'm still one very happy owner, bring on the next race !

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Well done mate, hope you get a few more victories like that.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    Congratulations on an impressive win by your gelding Stephen.
    TACT did really well to cross YAYA'S for the lead, settle while getting mid race pressure before kicking in the straight to outsprint the well supported MESSINI and inform SALOON PASSAGE. It was a class effort over a tough distance.

Have you ever thought about breeding a MCARDLE group winner?
    Team Turnbull are having a purple patch with rising MCARDLE stars including PARRAMATTA and FULLON BOUNDARY ROW alongside TACT TATE.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am glad you posted Stephen, I had totally missed it.
    That was an incredibly gutsy win with the Tritton stable giving your fella no peace

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#BKC02121601

ps What was Anthony Butt thinking - that he could create his own sprint lane?!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Thanks very much. We're so happy with him. He's not that sort of horse so to lead throughout was a huge thrill. Amanda certainly has a soft spot for the McArdles and it's my first, maybe not the last. Im no breeder though mate, happy to listen & learn from those that know best!

Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    I think Messini carried us over the line with its momentum late so I'm certainly not complaining with his drive

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    I have a friend that was fortunate to win and breed a Caufield Cup winner. He said that the excitement level was different again having raised and developed the latter.
    What are the plans for TACT now Stephen? Are you targetting any specific races? He's very lightly raced compared to his competition in the TRUER and previous winners. Now 12 wins from 32 starts. Saloon Passage and Messini have 22 wins from 66 and 65 starts respectively.

Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by alphastud View Post
    I have a friend that was fortunate to win and breed a Caufield Cup winner. He said that the excitement level was different again having raised and developed the latter.
    What are the plans for TACT now Stephen? Are you targetting any specific races? He's very lightly raced compared to his competition in the TRUER and previous winners. Now 12 wins from 32 starts. Saloon Passage and Messini have 22 wins from 66 and 65 starts respectively.
    He's exceeded our expectations to be honest, never thought we'd have a Grp 1 winner on our hands when he first come across from NZ. Team Turnbull have done an amazing job with him since he's arrived. Been first class from them.

His next start will be on Boxing Day at Bathurst & then we'll see how he pulls up. He'll tell us when he's had enough this prep but would love to see him attack some of the Summer group races.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by alphastud View Post
    Getting 10 wins from your next 30 starts is the tricky part
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    The Treuer has lost a lot status, for example the strength of the 2003 field by comparison:

1 DOUBLE IDENTITY
    2 SMOOTH SATIN
    3 FLASHING RED
    4 THE FALCON STRIKE NZ
    5 GOLD KING
    6 LOYAL DEPUTY NZ
    7 ROYAL BATCHELOR NZ
    8 JOFESS
    9 JAMIN
    d BIG BAD HOLMES NZ

+ Reply to Thread