Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im Themightyquinn may not race again this year

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Im Themightyquinn may not race again this year

Have just heard that Im Themightyquinn has a health problem and will probably not be seen again till next year.

Seems some scarring on his lung has been detected and the owners are taking no chances.

It's a real shame as he has been flying in his recent work.

Flashing Red
    Scarring on his lungs?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    That's what was reported on Sky Channel. They gave no more details about what that actually means exactly.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    What a shame! Heaves or Inflammatory airway disease can lead to scarring. Although it's rare, it can happen to any horse.

aussiebreno
    They must have found out more on Saturday but on Friday connections reported on facebook that he had a virus and would be back soon.

Real Name
    David Summers
    I believe they took some precautionary xrays , thinking it was only a virus , and the scarring was found. This is second-hand information , so I can not verify the exact facts.

Flashing Red
    The only time I've had to deal with scaring on the lungs is with bad bleeders (not to say other things can't cause it, but I don't really know much about it other than in regards to bleeders). When they bleed their lungs tear and repetitive tearing results in scar tissue (which tears a lot more quickly than normal healthy lung tissue). I hope it's something they can fix and I don't envy their position. Goodluck to Quinny and his connections and hopefully he bounces back to his brilliant best

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    This will not stop him winning the inter dominion in another month or so.

Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes, I've got my money on him winning the 2011 Interdominion. They are just turning into the straight now with only a month left to run before they pass the post:-)
    Last edited by David Summers; 07-19-2011 at 12:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread