Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meadowlands racing on Sky Channel

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Meadowlands racing on Sky Channel

Does anyone know why Meadowlands harness racing which was shown regularly on Fridays and Sundays on SkyRacing2 has ceased.

Several Sky commentators when it was on said that the response from viewers was good and betting turnover was stated as being "excellent".

I had a lot of success betting on these races , but many months back the broadcasts stopped without a word why.

Have contacted Sky a couple of times and no-one has any answer at all. Anyone know if it a contractual problem or just too expensive to pay for the satellite feed or something else?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The Meadowlands shut down for a period of time probably had something to do with it
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Winston

I think the broadcast of the Meadowlands had ceased well before the little break and Takeover. It would of been great to watch the full card at the Meadowlands on tv today.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I see NZ television Channel Trackside is showing the Meadowlands meeting live today. See no mention of anything being broadcast on Sky :-(

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=90844

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Yeah sky are hopeless they'd rather show a race out the back of Bum fk no where instead. One would think they would show big race meeting's like this, i remember last year watching the Breeders Crown day from over there and it was fantastic.

Real Name
    David Summers
    Their coverage on Sky1 Friday and yesterday was a mess. Several times throughout the day the screen went black for many minutes. Two races broadcast yesterday without any sound and not even an apology after this.

Several Maryborough races shown on Friday ( the start of their carnival) consisted of a replay of the last 100 metres only AND the "Oh so professional" presenter gave the full results of the race before showing us 12 seconds of vision. Pathetic!

Real Name
    David Summers
    And while I am still in a bad mood , if I hear that Sky presenter Alan Gaskell say "ladies and gentleman" one more time , I'll break something :-)

Last night said it every single time they crossed back to him. I counted him saying that "ladies and gentleman" 17 times in one hour. Was like listening to someone scraping their nails down a blackboard.

P.S. Not a good day punting for me as you might read between the lines :-)

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Ozninja

Hopefully your luck will change today so go hard.

aussiebreno
    Zedalite into Stoned I Am!

Only bets today. Would have chucked Sundons Gift in but is a late scratching hope alls well.

Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks mango, family now gathering together at our place to watch Redwood Day on Sky. Was thinking of a barbeque but too cold outside for that. Feeling lucky so might have a couple of smallish bets.

+ Reply to Thread