Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Smoken Up Hearing

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    The hearing is adjourned till next Tuesday when more evidence will be taken. After that there is talk of a lengthy deliberation.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I feel sorry for the horse, he is a good race horse that is getting his name tarnished because of someone's wrong doing(whom ever that may be).

Junior Member Foal nom de guerre will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    Rule 1004(8) provides for the mandatory disqualification of a horse presented to race when a prohibited substance has been detected.

SU HAS to the lose the race

wonder why they couldnt find an expert witness in nz to support their case? does anyone know the guy from kentucky?

Sushi... Obviously it is not as black and white as you expect.

I don't know what would be worse, being branded a cheat and loosing all respect and integrity over someone else's mistake, or actually being a cheat and getting caught.

I hope what ever verdict is made, for all parties I hope it's the right one..

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    nom d g,

past case in nz, winning horse tests positive, 100% proven that the horse was given the substance through contamination by being put in another trainers stabling by the club while on course

horse still loses race

cannot see how LJ can do any better then that in his defence

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    nom d g,

past case in nz, winning horse tests positive, 100% proven that the horse was given the substance through contamination by being put in another trainers stabling by the club while on course

horse still loses race

cannot see how LJ can do any better then that in his defence
    Possibly if he can prove that contamination occurred when the post race sample was being taken or being tested and therefore that the horse did not race with DMSO when it won the Grand Final.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    can we have a vote,
    who thinks it was contamination before the race
    who thinks it was a contamination after the race

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    The silence is deafening

Junior Member Foal pukpuk will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tony armstrong
    Occupation
    Teacher, part time breeder
    Possibly if he can prove that contamination occurred when the post race sample was being taken or being tested and therefore that the horse did not race with DMSO when it won the Grand Final.
    Shakamaker

I don't think he can prove that. He can prove it is a possibility, but that's about all. Will be in interesting to see the outcome. I think he will lose the race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    I think you are right pukpuk. If it being a possibility is enough then all swabs are invalid. Below only from a newspaper report on inquiry but what exactly does it mean when it says "omitted a digit" ? Could mean the swabs from another horse?

Grierson, who has 25 years experience as a racecourse vet, came under
    intense questioning from Thomas. She noted he made two errors in the swabbing
    process, one in which he omitted a digit on the swab card identification number,
    and another when he signed his name on the line marked: steward

If mistakes were made and procedures not followed then surely the swab result is not valid?

+ Reply to Thread