Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Leeton Breeders Plate Debate

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    I think if there wasn't so much money in 2yo racing there may be a lot more horse around. I would love to see how many good 2yo's become FFA class horses or how many top FFA's were good 2yo's. Yes everybody will find some BUT just how many. Saying that
    if you can make $100k in your 2yo season why slog your guts out for years trying to make the same as a 4yo.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    That's the common error people make in their reasoning. Don't look at how many of the best 2yos make great free for allers. That's like saying the best kid in under 13s rugby league will win the Dally M. Look at how many great free for allers races at two. Blackie and Quinny are two that spring to mind pretty quickly. Didn't cause them too many issues.
    I also look at another horse, Composed, who won a listed race as a 2yo. Hasn't slowed him up much.

Expecting age bracketed success to transfer to open age is ridiculously tough. It's not because the horse has been cooked or pushed too hard most of the time. It's because the horse was a good juvenile. Developed early and cashed in.

+ Reply to Thread