Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Does size matter" by Chicago Bull

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle

"Does size matter" by Chicago Bull

Chicago Bull proved that size does not matter when he won the 2017 Fremantle cup last night against a handy field. I am not sure how big the "Bull" is but I believe he is one of the smallest horses currently racing in Australia.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It seems amazing that the quinella is 2 horses in the first half of their 4yo season (both having already won big 4yo races)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    IMO not at all. One of my late brothers better horses was just on 14hh & my sister had one smaller. My friend Marks horse Waldenburg was very small but very good. Courage was little & wow what a horse. Emma Stewart has a couple of small ones with heaps of ability.

If they have the motor no problems about being small. There is a photo, of G.Hall being interviewed after that race on Friday night & I got a surprise how small CB is.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hall states .......With the Inter Dominion on again in Perth at the end of the year, the money in the east just isn’t good enough to travel with a horse of his quality.

I understand that but on 28th Jan the Vic Cup is $400 thou, the 4th Feb Hunter Cup is $500 thou & on the 25th Feb the MM is $750 thou.........that adds up to very good money.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hall states .......With the Inter Dominion on again in Perth at the end of the year, the money in the east just isn’t good enough to travel with a horse of his quality.

I understand that but on 28th Jan the Vic Cup is $400 thou, the 4th Feb Hunter Cup is $500 thou & on the 25th Feb the MM is $750 thou.........that adds up to very good money.
    That seems a silly statement. If you take out the Inter we could have all the rest of Australia saying the WA money is not good enough to travel for
    What I think he should have said is 'that the money in the West is good enough for them not to need to travel'
    I like that he is looking after the horse as it is still a 4yo for another 7½ mths
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watching the procession of the Hamilton Cup today made me appreciate how good the WA Cup was
    Leaders getting it easy in front and winning as they like is one of the most boring things about our code.
    I guess a quality field helps (and racing over a distance too)
    It was a similar story in the Shep Cup last night but for some reason I found it a little more interesting - the MR's were almost identical so maybe it was the fact that pace was on at Shep while Ham was a half mile sprint
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-15-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post

You can turn that around the other way and ask why none of the eastern staters went west for the Fremantle and WA Cups? After all there was a combined $750k prize money up for grabs.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, we have talked about that Robert. I am somewhat surprised that a couple of horses just outside the Eastern states Top 10 do not target them. As for the top notchers - I think they like to freshen up after the Inter and targeting the Eastern riches coming up in the next fortnight, allows them to do that
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    From Chris Barsby's twitter..........Star Perth pacer Chicago Bull, winner of Freo & WA Pacing Cups at his past two starts is in the vet clinic after damaging his eye in paddock

+ Reply to Thread