Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: APG SALES Sydney aand Melbourne

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    1. This is from Nixonbloodstock's twitter. It is stated that the median price in Melb was $26 & Sydney $15.
    2. Each of their breeders did money...Where are the buyers & where will future race fields come from? This is our sport's most pressing issue!
    1. The headline price in Sydney today was spectacular, but it should be noted that half of all yearlings sold for $15k or less

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    A good post Richard and you have probably nailed it with most of your information. Glad to see you had good success with McArdle, one of the problems a part time breeder like me has is selecting the right stallion and sometimes I cant do that.I think others with good mares are in the same boat and have to settle for a stallion which is not quite right. Eliteblood nailed this as well. "correct stallion choice" But the other problems wont go away just now. No-one is going to keep losing money in breeding, the losers eventually fade away.

Although David James and co spoke very well, are top horse people and have forgotten more than I will ever know, they have a vested interest and their job is to sell their stallions to the Australian harness racing public and that was the purpose of the videos, very informative but they rarely mentioned a stallion apart from their own and I found one the speakers to be evasive, a good job was done by Dean Baring.

Trish's point 3 post# 61 is spot on. The sale was spectacular, I accused APG of pumping up the sales via these articles and this was denied. It is not easy to find this information collectively about the sales, main reason is it will turn buyers off, no one wants negativity but the cold hard facts have to be put out there.

Who is going to Sportswriter again at his price? He was absolutely smashed in the sales-there are few more on thin ice as previously stated.
    APG will be in WA this week for the first time and there will be about 110 yearlings for sale, there is a huge spread of sires and guess who has the most yearlings in the sale....yep...Sportswriter, there are only a few Art majors,M3's and BD's so we may get a more balanced price range of the sires on offer. The cheaper stallions (Rich and spoilt, Parsons Den etc) means the breeders don't lose as much if the sales don't go well.It will be interesting to see the averages .The good Westbred/Double Westbred program does impact on sales price. There wont be any $200,000 sales that's for sure.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    , there are only a few Art majors,M3's and BD's so we may get a more balanced price range of the sires on offer. The cheaper stallions (Rich and spoilt, Parsons Den etc) means the breeders don't lose as much if the sales don't go well.It will be interesting to see the averages .The good Westbred/Double Westbred program does impact on sales price. There wont be any $200,000 sales that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Market forces in the form of buyer preference may well see a $200k sale and still nothing for the lesser lights such is the dominance in the marketplace of Bettors and to a lesser extent Art Major and Mach3. Fewer numbers of what the buyers primarily or in many cases solely want is often what sets the price of a product. A vendor's market at Perth? I suspect only in the same vein as Melbourne, Auckland, Christchurch and Sydney. With one deceased (with no banked semen) and the other two closing in on 20yrs I wonder who is set to take over the mantle and will they be ever as dominant. I need to know now so know what the buyers are raving for in 3 years..!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Pat, obviously David James was going to spruik his stallions but Dean's lengthy interview included general Industry questions to which David gave quite comprehensive answers
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    I wonder who is set to take over the mantle and will they be ever as dominant. I need to know now so know what the buyers are raving for in 3 years..!!!

When you find out Trevor can you tell me!!! hahaha

But sadly this is no laughing matter. Hope the breeding folk in WA do well, we will see.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I wonder who is set to take over the mantle and will they be ever as dominant. I need to know now so know what the buyers are raving for in 3 years..!!!

But sadly this is no laughing matter. Hope the breeding folk in WA do well, we will see.
    You will be the first to know Trish :-)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post

Trish, it was Tony that asked.
    If he And Trevor can come up with the answer - we will have both sides of the Tasman covered
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Trish, it was Tony that asked.
    If he And Trevor can come up with the answer - we will have both sides of the Tasman covered

Sorry....age has something to do with that!!!!

Wouldn't it be good to know what the flavor was to be.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi its Mark here, as a past trainer I am absolutely certain that I would rather walk out to work one Bettors Delight than a dozen of any of the progeny of the 2nd tier stallions . As an owner I would much rather have my trainer tell me that my one Art Major is going really good than he tell me my dozen 2nd tier stallion progeny are going ok. As a breeder I would much rather put those thousands of hours into one Mach Three yearling than a dozen of the 2nd tier stallion progeny because those three sires are winners. But stupid
    me went to two new sires!!! I fully intend to go & have a brain transplant because I am an idiot.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Rock n roll heaven cant produce a colt.

(Post moved from Odds and Ends)
    1.49.5 not quick enough?

+ Reply to Thread