Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: APG SALES Sydney aand Melbourne

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Discounts

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=32328

One would imagine these will be offered to non sales as well?
    Can you actually get a $500 discount??
    Irrespective, seems "generous" considering this http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=29080
    First payment normally when you horse has turned 2 for Breeders Crown? Maybe offering discount because paying up a year earlier. Raise more money for series as a year later maybe wouldnt pay up if yearling not up to it then?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    it's risky paying up for a race when a horse is a baby. I guess they offer discounts for the risk that owners have to take

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Discounts

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=32328

One would imagine these will be offered to non sales as well?
    Can you actually get a $500 discount??
    Irrespective, seems "generous" considering this http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=29080
    Pretty sure non sales don't get discount only if put through the sales ring on the day
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    By non sales I wasn't referring to non sales APG race entrants but any breeder, commercial or non commercial. Primarily I was wondering why HRV wouldn't want to make all breeders feel included, considering we want as many people breeding as we can. Whether it captures additional real revenue, yep flip the coin...making the APG sustaining payment on fall of hammer might remain enough.

Aside to this, will this be offered at the Autumn Sale or does this offer have something to do with the race series for Autumn APG Sale yearlings impinging on Vicbred and Breeders Crown number strength, hence revenue?

The other question Can you actually get a $500 discount?? was for the maths logic members. Isn't it either a $344 or $173 discount, not "over $500" ($517)? May sound pedantic but there could be people looking for their $500 discount from HRV.

I was wondering about the funding of the Breeders Crown prize money increase. The strategies that need to be implemented to fund it. My first thoughts were has anyone complained BC prize money is insufficient? HRV stepping in on APG sale day with discount offers for their race series, nought to do with APG, seems selective in a way, exclusive. It just doesn't sit well even though the uptake may be minimal. No doubt the yearling vendors won't complain

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Another thing about the APG - is too much black type not a good thing?
    This may be a post for an existing thread but sales relevant. No brainer that commercial breeders want black type. Looking at the APG Series. Gold final is Gp1, consolations Gp3, emphasising multiple consolations, in a number of states and the Autumn Sales race Gp2. Is the way Group status is granted, seemingly purely on meeting prize money level criteria, devaluing Black Type status? This does go for other races as well and for example the Vic Home Grown Series. Initially introduced, and state government funded, to offer prize money opportunities for youngsters that wouldn't reach such lofty heights as the BC or VB Super Series. Because it's a $50,000 race it has to be black type?? So what happens...some owners feel they shouldn't be excluded from a black type opportunity hence the maximum prize money won criteria is increased. In the first year the scheduling of the races was due to state government funding in the fiscal year (June 30). Without that constraint in following years one wonders why different dates haven't been chosen. In this case is black type not a good thing? Does this race series have to carry black type, has it's aim moved away from what was intended? Where once we were given an opportunity to cater for the...less elite, well, it's gone. And so may have some smaller breeders.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I thought a horse could be black type if it's gone faster than 1.58. Pretty easy to be black type in this day and age. most of ours go faster than 1.57 every start

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Black Type is winning a group / listed race.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The online catalogue is very impressive.

http://www.apgold.com.au/yearling-sa...-online-guide/

Click on the tutorial 3 pages in to see what it can do

The coloured cross pedigrees (once you click on them) and the search facility are pluses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One little thing. I find it better to view the online cat on Internet explorer
    for the ability to change the zoom level easily in the bottom right corner
    You see there is a little problem with enlarging to make reading easier - you cannot scroll to see the cutoff bottom of the page for things like Family number
    so being able to change zoom easily is handy

WRONG - have discovered that on Explorer half the time it does not show the whole page eg The Family number, will try tablet now but otherwise stick with Chrome
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-03-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: WRONG
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On my tablet it was worse - cutting off even more of the bottom of the page regardless of the zoom, with no way that I can see of scrolling
    I have contacted them because it is very good but Chrome on my desk top seems to be the way to go - pity my eyes do not find 100% comfortable but a little zooming in and out never hurt anybody
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread