Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    I think you will find the Terang Club found the extra funds, not HRV

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    7 of 11 races at Melton tonight only $10k - I guess this is how we pay for a $60k Terang Cup tomorrow night
    Wasn’t there an announcement last year from David Martin that Melton was going back to Saturday night meetings in the new year instead of the mix between Saturday and Friday nights? It is Friday night tonight isn’t it?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I had not been to Terang harness before last night.
    It was good to meet poster Carol/Yabbie who told me that the new committee have done amazing work in the last 12mths.
    The Cup purse doubled this year to $60k
    I wondered whether the field and crowd would have been much different if it had stayed at $30k
    The reason I ask is I wondered whether some of this money could have been put towards facilities
    The track is excellent and the facilities pretty good but I have no doubt if the club were offered $30k for improvements they would find numerous ways to spend it
    Possibly the money was only obtained for Cup sponsorship

The crowd was good and the racing excellent so hopefully turnover was good (although they needed a couple more tote windows open)

ps The same crowd next year could attract a few more mobile food vendors eg a real coffee van, pizza truck, maybe even ice cream ....
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    That would be akin to putting the cart before the horse Kev.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In the Herald Sun today
    On the Ando's Shout page (Jon Anderson)

Rein In Cheating
    The greyhound and horse racing industries have had the blowtorch applied in recent years, whereas harness racing has largely been left alone.
    Don't expect that to be the case for long. Anyone cheating in that industry should think long and hard about it given their time is coming.

WTF heaven help us if he couldn't manage to write about Poster Boy or anything other than having a shot at us for NOT being in the news for the wrong reason lately
    His paper will be quick to crucify us when next we do BUT at least wait until we do

Many would agree with the warning but it is not something to be reported.
    Maybe Jon wants to exchange his keypad for a pulpit?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    He might have backed the favourite in the Chariots?

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Hi Kevin - nice to meet you in person Saturday night.
    I understand there are plans for improvements for facilities at Terang but waiting on funding.
    The committee will be holding a debrief very shortly and I know that the food situation is definitely on the agenda.
    I'll pass on the comment regarding more tote windows being available.
    Cheers

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One other thing I think they could consider cashing in on would be making a big deal of the special Menangle races they share the night with (it could boost turnover)

I don’t think it would be a no-no to intermingle the Menangle fields with Terang's in the race book (even if only the big races)

Ps It was good to see race books being sold at the entrance turnstile (although I wonder whether making them free would be balanced out by the likely increase in turnover )
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the first half times being recorded, I am thinking that we still do not have any semaphore boards on track
    What could be taking so long?
    Any chance the Media and Communications Department might let the public know?
    Bendigo had a semaphore board last night. One of the timing trucks has returned so some but not all meets will have them (until April)

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ck-at-bendigo/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    In the Herald Sun today
    On the Ando's Shout page (Jon Anderson)

Rein In Cheating
    The greyhound and horse racing industries have had the blowtorch applied in recent years, whereas harness racing has largely been left alone.
    Don't expect that to be the case for long. Anyone cheating in that industry should think long and hard about it given their time is coming.

WTF heaven help us if he couldn't manage to write about Poster Boy or anything other than having a shot at us for NOT being in the news for the wrong reason lately
    His paper will be quick to crucify us when next we do BUT at least wait until we do

Many would agree with the warning but it is not something to be reported.
    Maybe Jon wants to exchange his keypad for a pulpit?

Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    He might have backed the favourite in the Chariots?
    I don't think Jon Anderson wrote this.

https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/sus...se-of-deja-vu/

+ Reply to Thread