Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WOW Vic now has Sectionals for Every Meeting

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

WOW Vic now has Sectionals for Every Meeting

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...rian-meetings/

And today's Melton meet is even there already
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    OH NO - they have changed the Sectionals format

Check out Stawell for yesterday - I think this might be what they get in other states, I think it is inferior

https://www.thetrots.com.au/racing/sectionals/

The WOW has been bracketed in the Original title and will be gone completely (just like Sectionals will be removed from my Bookmarks bar) if they do not revert to the previous format
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-19-2023 at 12:11 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is what we want back
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It may be a mix, as it seems to me that Melton, Ballarat and Mildura are all still using the better/old format
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    They have 2 different mobs providing sectional data apparently, I complained about the lack of useful information in one of the formats and was informed there is nothing that can be done, they can only provide what they have.
    Having the same issue in NSW.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Two in the same state? Has really thrown me
    HRA is upgrading its website and the difference in Sectional data between the states has been discussed at feedback meetings
    On discovering Stawell to be different from Melton, I have sent off a couple of emails
    At the latest I will bring it up at next week's meeting
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    RISE replied that Vic is using both providers for different tracks

If you just think about it for a minute - how could anybody think that that is what the public would like

That would be like telling me that I cannot have full cream milk for my coffee every day but instead have to have skinny milk every alternate day - yeah, I am going to love that

Why stop there - lets do the fields and the form and the results differently for different tracks. "What do you mean that would upset people?"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRV's Cody Winnell replied to my inquiry and explained that at present HRV require 2 providers to cover all their racetracks. My preferred data from TripleS is covering about 75% of Vics meetings. Fingers crossed that they eventually win out

On a somewhat sad note, Cody passed on that he is finishing up as General Manager of Media and Communications at the end of next week.
    Cody can feel proud of the great deal he has achieved at HRV in his 9yrs there and he will be greatly missed
    Thank you Cody

But he is a trots lover and we can expect to see him on track enjoying himself in the future

If you don't know Cody, he is HRV's clean-shaven Ryan Gosling look alike
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oh No! Mildura Sectionals for last night are the 'kiddies' ones (previously the good ones) – just when I was going to begin following them

Seriously look at the graphics for these sectionals - does it tell you anything more than the mind boggling fact that the better placed horses finished faster than those in the second half of the field
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling JanellePeter will become famous soon enough JanellePeter's Avatar
    Real Name
    J & P Haywood
    Occupation
    Sectional Data to HRA
    Hi Messenger

I am the person completing the work you refer to as "Crap" in your opening message and I do take offence to that statement.
    We have been doing this work since 2015 with praise from everyone who uses it including every state and large organisations like Entain. We commenced doing the work for Ballarat and Melton in April 2015 and continue to this day. We have grown since 2015 and now doing every track in every state for the last 2 quarters of the races. Someone must be finding use for our information.
    Triple State's work is completed by telemetry as you probably know. We do our work manually frame by frame on video replays. I was and remain hopeful that telemetry will provide additional useful information, but it needs to be accurate. We require accuracy because our Analyser uses the data. I think you will find the data we provide to be extremely accurate and useful to anyone who knows and understands how to use sectionals. We also time the race sections to make sure they are correct.
    We are still performing our work on all tracks with telemetry due to inaccurate data. I have spent significant time comparing our data with telemetry and I am happy to debate what is crap and what isn't with anyone anytime.
    Triple State's work looks impressive but if you spend a little bit of time reading/understanding at the data contained in Triple States reports, you should be able to tell some of the inaccuracies. They are very obvious and, in some instances, significantly wrong. I have alerted the people who need to know of the problems and even had a meeting with HR Qld to go over the issues. I don't think they can be fixed. I am happy to provide as many examples as anyone needs. I check every race and I am sometimes horrified at what makes it on-line.
    Our visual display is a fairly basis display but highly important information that is again extremely accurate.

I enjoy your forum (It's not crap), so please reframe from calling my business Crap.
    For those interested we are PJ Data, the providers of PJ Harness Analyser. The original and the most accurate sectional analysis for harness racing since 2015 (Happy to debate this as well)!
    Thanks
    Home of PJ Harness Analyser - http://pjdata.com.au/

+ Reply to Thread