Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The smoken up saga

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    I too think that we are not seeing anything worse today than what has been seen before and unfortunately, will probably see again. Wherever money is involved, so will people who are willing to do anything to get it.

As far as attendances, I listened to a radio bit today about the current NBA dispute in the US, it spoke of the players wanting more than they currently get whilst the team owners are arguing that falling attendances make it necessary that the players accept less. So harness racing isn't the only sport that is being plagued by non attendance at regular meetings. Nowadays it would be only the exceptional event or horses that will make people want to go to a track, the Trots is no longer the only place to be on a Sat night in the bush or a Friday in the Sydney area, or whatever night a particular club may have ran their meetings on back in the heyday of oncourse attendance.

I spoke with a fellow today who would probably talk to more participants in a week than I do in a year and his words were very comforting, that 95% of people in the game are good and honest and that the 5% who aren't should be weeded out and thrown out with the rubbish was the general consensus he felt amongst people. I agree wholeheartedly, with only one caution, continue to be on guard as once the current bad apples are shown the door the next lot will sneak in looking to pick up where they left off!
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    The presense of DMSO on its own is very surprising. Everyone in this industry knows that it is tested for and to present a horse with DMSO in its system in 2011 would seem like professional suicide by Lance. It just doesnt make sense unless the trace amounts found were present in something else that Lance gave to Smoken Up. I am aware that DMSO is present in trace amounts for instance in ITPP to mention just one possability. That would seem far more likely than the random contamination explanation being offered up at present
    [VVV] BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Incorrect answer.
    Looks like it's back to Chemistry 101 for you, 'Viv'. http://chemistry.about.com/od/homewo...emistry101.htm

DMSO is NOT present in ITPP & despite claims made in that erroneous story in The Australian of a week or so back, nor is Arsenic for that matter.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Incorrect answer.
    Looks like it's back to Chemistry 101 for you, 'Viv'. http://chemistry.about.com/od/homewo...emistry101.htm

DMSO is NOT present in ITPP & despite claims made in that erroneous story in The Australian of a week or so back, nor is Arsenic for that matter.
    Don't worry, over the next 12 months everyone will link everything to ITPP

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Don't worry, over the next 12 months everyone will link everything to ITPP

[VVV] Indeed. I'm yet to see Ms. Courtney Walsh of The Australian print a correction to her piece of pre-Melbourne Cup sensationalism. The standard of Journalism at The Australian is usually a lot higher.

Junior Member Foal ross sugars will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    ross sugars
    i have not read the transcript but i have no reason not to believe the smoken up camp how can the control sample be positive to dmso and the nz authorities come to this result the control MUST BE NEGATIVE end of story

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ross sugars View Post
    i have not read the transcript but i have no reason not to believe the smoken up camp how can the control sample be positive to dmso and the nz authorities come to this result the control MUST BE NEGATIVE end of story
    Ross I have not previously commented on this saga but as you say if the control is positive or showing any signs of DMSO, that should be case over with no positive finding.

If I started to list the precedents this thread would go on for pages with just the list.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    The primary sample is positive,25mg/ltre
    The secondary sample is positive 25mg/ltre
    The control sample initially showed a positive but after the test equipment was cleaned and the control sample retested NEGATIVE.
    this was considered contamination of the testing equipment rather than the control sample positive.
    This issue was not contested by defence

Quote Originally Posted by ross sugars View Post

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    teecee. you are obviously very close to this case

+ Reply to Thread