Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward

Why This Forum is Different

There are a few places to discuss racing online, but here's why we are different:
    1. We're independent, not being run by an organisation or harness racing body means you are free to discuss anything you want. The only censorship is that we request everybody be polite and respect everybody else's opinion.

2. Instant posting. No approval process or anything that stifles conversation. Whatever you post will go live immediately.

3. We're tech. We have programmers and web designers/developers on hand to make this forum function really well. If you want something implemented just start a thread or PM me and we can get it done.

4. Harnesslink is big, but not too big. We're a small company but we have many years of experience running websites which require massive server resources and contain extremely complicated stuff behind the scenes. This means we should have negligible downtime and can act quickly when things go wrong.

5. Harness racing only. We may introduce a Thoroughbred or Greyhounds forum later if the demand is there, but harness racing will always be the focus.

6. Finally we will moderate this forum well to ensure it doesn't turn into a place for small minded arguments and insults. We want this to be a valuable resource to the community, and will moderate posts accordingly. Be polite and respectful and you should never even notice.
    Last edited by admin; 10-28-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Junior Member Foal Peter McCarthy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Thank you harnesslink

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    There are a few places to discuss racing online, but here's why we are different:
    1. We're independent, not being run by an organisation or harness racing body means you are free to discuss anything you want. the only censorship is that we request everybody be polite and respect everybody else's opinion.

2. Instant posting. No approval process or anything that stifles conversation. Whatever you post will go live immediately.

3. We're tech. We have programmers and web designers/developers on hand to make this forum function really well. If you want something implemented just start a thread or PM me and we can get it done.

4. Harnesslink is big, but not too big. We're a small company but we have many years of experience running websites which require massive server resources and contain extreamly complicated stuff behind the scenes. This means we should have negligible downtime and can act quickly when things go wrong.

5. Finally we will moderate this forum well to ensure it doesn't turn into a place for small minded arguments and insults. We want this to be a valuable resource to the community, and will moderate posts accordingly. Be polite and respectful and you should never even notice.
    I agree with what you are doing with this forum and I hope that this will continue to be a sensible forum with no bad taste between writers. Congratulations on a good looking site and all the best for the future.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    1. Finally we will moderate this forum well to ensure it doesn't turn into a place for small minded arguments and insults. We want this to be a valuable resource to the community, and will moderate posts accordingly. Be polite and respectful and you should never even notice.
    aussiebreno has chosen to close his account because of me deleting a few words from one of his posts and leaving a shorter version - which was still all his own words. Absolutely nobody (other than Brendan it would seem) could say that I changed the essence of the post - I just felt leaving out a few words made it seem less hounding of another member . Nevertheless he chose to delete the edited post and depart

I felt that even minus a couple of words, that it was strong enough after he had already directed this post to the same member

"Emma Stewart pleaded guilty to administering an injection into a horse within 1 clear day of racing. Not once but twice and has now been found guilty. I believe the stay is only so she can appeal severity rather than guilt but happy to be corrected if wrong.

1-10 How much do you value clean, fair, level racing? 1 who gives a toss, 10 want 100% clean, fair, level racing.

Will you be changing trainers given this breach to clean, fair, level racing?

If not, why not? Where is the line? Or is there no line?

This isn't taking anything away from your breeding, I have mentioned in this very thread Stewart has the best bred horses, and your breeding operation is a large part of that. But I think the above questions are fair to ask."

I post this as a reminder that we are here for the enjoyment of all and wish to foster a friendly place for harness enthusiasts
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread