Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    And Its not possible but wouldn't it be great if HRA took Jeff Gural's Approach & banned cheats from racing at any registered tracks for life......that would be a certainty to either clean up OR finish the sport, it needs to do one or the other because if it doesn't do one the others a certainty!

I didn’t spend $100 million to build a

racetrack so that dishonest people

could make a living racing there.

–Jeff Gural
    Last edited by trish; 05-01-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    They are Leigh , but some of these drugs I believe , aren't being tested for in other states . NSW is light years ahead and I hope they keep it up . From what I have read and understand , some drugs have an affect that carries on for some time after the chance of getting a positive has gone . So a hit and run is possible
    But if NSW are light years ahead, surely their testing will pick it up then?

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    But if NSW are light years ahead, surely their testing will pick it up then?
    My comment before explains that the affects of some drugs carries on long after it is possible to get a positive swab

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    My comment before explains that the affects of some drugs carries on long after it is possible to get a positive swab
    Trish, how do you know what drugs visiting interstate and NZ trainers are using?

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Probably right Brian but I can not get my head around that they think its ok to cheat. Its NOT. When some performances still raise a RED FLAG they have a long way to go to clean this game up. Unfortunately this puts some NSW trainers at a disadvantage because trainers from outside this state inc NZ are not under the same intense screening and can come to our biggest race days without that constant pressure to run clean.
    If that were true then the hundreds of Kiwi horses in both codes who cross the Tasman to race each year would test positive at some point. To my knowledge none have and some have been there months. The reputations you are smearing here deserve way better than an ill informed wide sweeping rant as you have done here. If you have some proof, lets see it. Otherwise the only person here whose reputation is going down in a hurry is yours.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    If that were true then the hundreds of Kiwi horses in both codes who cross the Tasman to race each year would test positive at some point. To my knowledge none have and some have been there months. The reputations you are smearing here deserve way better than an ill informed wide sweeping rant as you have done here. If you have some proof, lets see it. Otherwise the only person here whose reputation is going down in a hurry is yours.
    Haven't smeared anyone's reputation . I said that NSW trainers were put at a disadvantage as the testing procedures here are far more extensive and outside trainers have the OPORTUNITY to exploit it . Read what I wrote , not what you want to read into it . By the way , our testing procedures should be what all other states and NZ should be doing . Leave my reputation out of it .
    Last edited by trish; 05-01-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Trish, how do you know what drugs visiting interstate and NZ trainers are using?
    Hi Leigh , never said they were . You know as much as me . What I said was they has an opportunity to exploit it where the NSW trainers are tested week in week out and tested for everything that is possible to test for at this stage .

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hi Leigh , never said they were . You know as much as me . What I said was they has an opportunity to exploit it where the NSW trainers are tested week in week out and tested for everything that is possible to test for at this stage .
    Maybe this just balances out the years when NSW players could pay a steward not to be tested
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Maybe this just balances out the years when NSW players could pay a steward not to be tested
    I think it's fair to say Kevin, that out of that disgraceful set of events, NSW is , as Trish indicated setting higher than previously seen standards and they are in fact IMO leading the way for other jurisdictions to follow.

Call me an idiot if you like but that was how I read the thrust of Trish's other posts on this thread...not that people coming into NSW were some how "rorting"anything, but in fact quite the opposite.

I'm sure Tee Cee will clear this up when he gets back from long service leave.

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think it's fair to say Kevin, that out of that disgraceful set of events, NSW is , as Trish indicated setting higher than previously seen standards and they are in fact IMO leading the way for other jurisdictions to follow.

Call me an idiot if you like but that was how I read the thrust of Trish's other posts on this thread...not that people coming into NSW were some how "rorting"anything, but in fact quite the opposite.

I'm sure Tee Cee will clear this up when he gets back from long service leave.

Cheers,
    Dan

Your far from an idiot Dan just educated enough to read it as I meant it. 10 outta 10 my lad.

+ Reply to Thread