Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You Cannot Beat A Day At Warragul

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

You Cannot Beat A Day At Warragul

I am at beautiful Warragul today - the weather is perfect, the track looks great (one of our more picturesque tracks) but I cannot find the Kyle Galley statue!

The great man must have had an inkling I was coming as there is a roast on the menu, which I am eating as I type this. Seriously it must be decades since I was here - there is an expressway to the track nowadays and it only took an hour from Ringwood.

If you have had enough sun, it is hard to beat this track's lounge-dining TAB-bar where the horses still feel like they are at your fingertips.

The only worry is that I am sure the caller said there was Supplements going around in that last race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Enjoy the meal, and the racing With or without supplements

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    You didn't say hello Kev!!

Fairly small turnout today but all clubs have those days. A good day of racing though all day.

We look like having a bigger attendance in a fortnight when we race again and have sponsors and some Probus folk in attendance.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Call me The Phantom lol - I thought you would be busy mate

The crowd looked OK to me, so if that was a bit down then you are doing better than western Vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would have been a beautiful day at Warragul today but unfortunately, even though I am staying on the right side of Melbourne, I had a Christmas commitment

Gavin Lang enjoyed the day - winning all of his first 5 drives

And 12yo All I Can Be won the claimer

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=WR231218
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I think you have shed the spotlight on one of harness racing's great mysteries, Kev. Warragul is a very easy drive from the west of Melbourne these days. More so on Sundays. It is a freeway all the way from Rockbank, barring tunnel congestion.

Facilities are top class and the track is fair, even if considered short in this day and age.

It is a far cry from the Tuesday night drives through the city via Dandenong and single lanes beyond Pakenham. I am sure it is those tales from four decades or more past that keep stables away from Warragul. Reality is, it is a very pleasant track to visit with top class facilities. And only 100 km from the city.

Have a good Christmas, one and all.

+ Reply to Thread