Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Membership of clubs

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons

Membership of clubs

Hi All,
    As part of a study I am doing at the moment can forum users tell me if they are members of any harness clubs and which ones? Also if you're a member of more than one club. And if not a member, why?
    You're help would be much appreciated.
    Ray

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Hi Ray,

I'm a member of NSW harness racing club (menangle)

Col

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Newcastle and Cessnock

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Was a member of the NSWHRC in the past but right now, none Don C, although I really should be. I'd like to but I rarely get any chance to go to the races on the weekends these days. Generally life's just too busy with the children/work/wife's job etc. Only ever get to go to mid week/during the day meetings when one of our horses or maybe one that we've bred or otherwise one of our friends is racing. The one and only reason is time or a great lackthereof. As such I watch a lot of races either on Sky or via replays. I didn't realise how much I missed it all until I went along to the Miracle Mile last year. That was a great night.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    None. I really dont get to go to the races unless its a big night or one of our horses are in a big race.

Why? We live alt least an hour from any of the tracks and with a young family, kids and the wife come first. that being said, the kids have started taking a greater interest..

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I am a member at Addington and next season will also join the Canterbury Country Clubs. Why? Cheaper than paying the entry at the summer carnival racing days

Apologies I see I posted in the Aussie thread

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Auckland trotting Club. Free handy parking, plus membership more valuable now with 20% reduction on spending race night. Never used Members lounge and stick to Owners and Trainers lounge. Great facilities.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    I too was a member of the NSW harness racing club. I discontinued after the move to Menangle it's to far to go to often and the members don't really get anything any better than the general public there anyway.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I too was a member of the NSW harness racing club. I discontinued after the move to Menangle it's to far to go to often and the members don't really get anything any better than the general public there anyway.

*jokes*

I am not a member of any clubs. Don't know of any such memberships in the South West and Riverina.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-29-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Not a member of any club. Aussiebreno all Riverina and Southwest clubs have members, you get free entry (when they charge) and the right to vote and stand on the committee

+ Reply to Thread