Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Detention as boys behaviour get's out of hand!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,

Detention as boys behaviour get's out of hand!

"Newcastle Boys" light up the stewards room!
    Trainer/Driver Mr Jason Proctor – Improper Behaviour & Trainer/Driver Mr Mathew Jackson - Misconduct

23 March 2012

Trainer/Driver Mr Jason Proctor – Improper Behaviour
    Trainer/Driver Mr Mathew Jackson - Misconduct
    23 March 2012
    Harness Racing NSW yesterday inquired into the conduct of Trainer/Driver Mr Jason Proctor in the Stewards Room at the Newcastle Harness meeting on Thursday 16 February 2012.
    Mr Proctor pleaded guilty to a charge of improper behaviour under AHRR 247. The particulars of the charge being that, during the course of an inquiry at Newcastle on Thursday 16 February 2012, he conducted himself and spoke in an unacceptable manner towards a Steward in the Stewards Room.
    In considering penalty the Stewards were conscious of Mr Proctor’s:
    • Good disciplinary record in relation conduct matters;
    • Guilty plea and forthright manner in acknowledging fault;
    • Remorsefulness.
    Mr Proctor was fined the sum of $1,000 however, under the provisions of AHRR 256 (5) (a) the Stewards suspended the sum of $500 for a period of 12 months conditional on Mr Proctor not re-offending during that period.

Harness Racing NSW yesterday inquired into an incident following Race1 at the Newcastle harness meeting on Friday 16 March 2012.
    Evidence was taken from Trainer/Driver Mr Mark Callaghan, Trainer/Driver Mr Mathew Jackson, Trainer Mr Roy Roots (Snr) and Trainer Mr Glen Frew.
    Mr Jackson pleaded guilty to a charge under AHRR 231(1) for misconduct. The particulars of the charge being that following Race 1 at the Newcastle Harness meeting on Friday 16 March 2012 Mr Jackson approached Driver M Callaghan, when he was returning from the track on STICKY FINGERS following the running of race 1 and spoke in an aggressive, abusive and intimadatory manner to Mr Callaghan.
    In considering penalty the Stewards took into account the following:
    • Mr Jackson’s guilty plea;
    • As this incident occurred in public view the detrimental image it portrayed to the public and licensed persons;
    • Mr Jackson’s disciplinary record which shows that he has breached conduct and behaviour rules on six (6) occasions since being granted a licence in 2003.
    Mr Jackson was disqualified for a period of six (6) months effective immediately.

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.
    To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Reid Sanders
    Position: Regulatory Manager
    Phone: (02) 9722 6600
    Email: rsanders@hrnsw.com.au

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Geeze, after allegedly being towelled up by a 70+ yo man in the stabling area at Bankstown (late last year I think it was?) I wouldn't have thought that JP would chance his arm by being rude to anyone.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Seems to be a bit of agro around the traps lately, Mildura, Tamworth and Newcastle. Start growing up boys, its a bad look. There is a right way and wrong way to sort out your differences and if you are going to act like kids, prepare to be smacked and sent to your rooms.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    No dramas with fellas not taking kindly to each other but why not just go down to the local Boxing Gym or the PBC or whatever, pull on the gloves, have a nice old whack at each other and then be done with it. The on-course stuff is madness.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    If you watch the replay in question, Hangover Joe trained by M Jackson and driven by Guy Chapple gets the lead and 2 horses get caught 3 wide, Stevie Harlyn (N Clarke) and Sticky Fingers ( M Callaghan), Stevie Harlyn eventually gets outside the leader, and Sticky Fingers comes up 3 wide looking for the death seat, but N Clarke won't give it away, M Callaghen eventually restrains his horse back to last and goes up the fence. In the end, Hangover Joe just gets beat in the last stride or so..........the stewards questioned N Clarke about going forward compared to restraining in most races, and not giving the death up! Sticky Fingers even after the hard run still plodded home in the straight. Obviously, M Jackson believed and he is probably right, that without the pressure from the other 2 fighting over the death seat, Hangover Joe would have probably got home! So he gave a gob full to M Callaghan!!!

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The rights or wrongs of this incident aside, as an interested onlooker/owner/punter I freely admit to having stood on the grassed side of the fence & given the odd driver or two a spray over the years, no question.
    One time out at HP I gave Thorny a spray for a drive on Amorts only to watch the replay & find that I had not in fact seen what I initially thought I had seen. That cost me a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label in a rather nice presentation box.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    The rights or wrongs of this incident aside, as an interested onlooker/owner/punter I freely admit to having stood on the grassed side of the fence & given the odd driver or two a spray over the years, no question.
    One time out at HP I gave Thorny a spray for a drive on Amorts only to watch the replay & find that I had not in fact seen what I initially thought I had seen. That cost me a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label in a rather nice presentation box.
    At least you had the decency to apologise triple, everyone thats had a few drives has copped that shit of the punters and some of it is really funny when you look back on it.

My Dad's favourite that he copped off the one bloke almost every week at Newcastle years ago was " you couldn't drive a baker's cart horse you goggled eyed bastard" dad wore the standard back horn rimmed specs that were "all the rage" in the sixeties/ seventies and he still gets a cackle now and then about that one.At the time there was still the odd bakers cart around in Newcastle so it fit well, today most people would look at you as if your demented if you used this line.

cheers,

Dan

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    My default driver insult is..."You couldn't drive a greased stick up your own backside with a rubber mallet". Invariably gets their attention.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    My default driver insult is..."You couldn't drive a greased stick up your own backside with a rubber mallet". Invariably gets their attention.
    I remember giving a gob full to BPH at HP a few times, he would go around lap after lap looking up in the stand to find me, I would just step behind a concrete pillar and wait for his next lap! I think I used to get him annoyed!
    Last edited by The Form Student; 03-28-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Trevor once told me BPH has the eyesight of Mole from Wind In The Willows so there was no need to hide behind the pillars, he wouldn't have seen you clearly even if you were hanging over the fence with an orange flashing light strapped to your head. It must have been pretty bad... because one day when they were playing golf Jerry told Trevor that for the first 12-18 months that he had the horse BPH had thought OSV was a chestnut.

+ Reply to Thread