Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stallion sterotypes

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Red River Hanover - lunatics

triplev123
    G'day Don,

RRH didn't have both oars in the water himself, he was as sour as a grapefruit.
    I have to say they looked really good as yearlings, he had half a dozen or so in the Sydney APG Sale the year his 1st crop made their Sales debut.
    The main thing that we began to notice with them was the way they'd go & hide up the back of their boxes & sulk whenever anyone came around that might do something with them. A mate of mine broke in more than a dozen of them over 2 seasons and to a horse they were the same. He was well off them before his 1st crop even hit the track here. They just didn't want to be there, they didn't want to know about being a racehorse, shitty, negative attitudes. Other youngsters would be standing there hanging over the door & carrying on, waiting for someone to come over and get them out to do their work or they'd be checking out the goings on in the stable but not the RRH's. Not surprisingly it wasn't very difficult for Trainers & Owners to quickly develop an aversion to them. His first crop hadn't even made the end of their 3yo when the call went out to abandon ship.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Spot on. I broke 3 in a couple of years ago and they were beautiful bodied horses, 1 colt 2 fillies. They all had the same blemishes. All sulked one day and the next day they all wanted to be your friend then next day back to square one again. All of them had nice gaits but the hearts the size of caraway seeds. Only one made the races and and had 3 starts before being sacked.

+ Reply to Thread