Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apgold sale results

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat
    I think because the Harness Racing industry don't know if there comming or going or where they will be racing. I think the racing minister is trying to screw the standarbred industry over. Fancy wanting to sell Albion Park and then put a bit over half the money into a new set up and spend the rest on the gallop tracks. What a w_ _ _ _ _ lol

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Nat,

I think that Qld has always been at the lower price range. I guess the service fees will influence prices as it makes sense the sale average for $2,000 stallions is likely to be less than $6,000 so this is a factor. How many buyers travel to Sydney or Melbourne sales from Brisbane, compared to Sydney or Melbourne people travelling to brisbane to buy. The smaller number of buyers at the sale means less competition. With Rocklea track closed, Gold Coast closing due to the hospital, and the uncertainty over Albion Park and trainers looking interstate is it any wonder things were very bad.

I have been told by ( Very respected people in the industry )that I would get better prices interstate, so this is something that I will be looking at in future.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    The Premium and Melbourne APG sales results were extremely disappointing. The APG sales report and John Andersons comments did little for the credibility of the authors. Better to acknowledge the poorer sales results and consult with the breeders to address issues and work towards improvement.
    There were too many horses available for purchase in Melbourne. Including the Lombo Sale 354 horses were catalogued for sale under the APG banner. There is 181 available in Sydney. Whilst the Premium concept sounded good it has inherent problems. The selection process itself, stabling allocations , DVD distribution ( very late this year !) an auctioneer who knew nothing about harness racing selling our premium stock , etc etc.
    At this stage I would like to see Melbourne revert to its own sale as most breeders I have spoken to are " over " the Premium concept. Leave it to the buyers to select their own premium lots !
    As with everything in life things must not only be correct but must be seen to be so. That is why Stewards and racing officials do not race horses: maybe those in a position of influence at APG should not enter yearlings in a selected sale as it is always open to speculation.
    Last edited by Bonnie; 02-17-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling

triplev123
    I was talking to a number of buyers and vendors earlier this evening at Bulli and the feeling there was that the Melbourne sale results were poor for two main reasons, 1) because there were too many horses catalogued for the number of buyers that would be present and 2) there was significant concern within the VIC Industry with regard to the near future as far as perceived problems with Melton, the $$$ cut from the Pokies drying up, TAB licence renewals becoming due etc etc. I can't really say if those fears are well founded or not however the general consensus was that things are apparently very negative in VIC at the moment, unlike up here in NSW. The sale of HP and subsquent recent announcements regarding prizemoney increases should see a very different outlook at the Sydney APG. The Trainers, Drivers and Owners at Bulli seemed to be very, very upbeat.

triplev123
    Brisbane Lot 321. Was he purchased by Ken White from WA?
    If it is one & the same then I'd be following that colt's progress closely because over the years he has proven to be a very, very good judge.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Justdoit
    You have to wonder why people breed and thats me included. With the money the Government make's of racing through taxes you'd think they would look after us a bit more instead of wasting it.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Mango,
    It is a major problem, and it is not easily fixed.
    Around the world are there any business models(not sure if that is the correct way to term it?) that are more successful than our
    breeding industry's?
    The French?
    Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds encounter the same problems when it comes to sales, the limited books for stallions seems not to
    benefit them greatly. IMO

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Justdoit

There's no quick fix and to be honest i wouldn't know where to start, i just hope with prize money increase's that will be anounced soon in n.s.w it might pick thing's up for the breeders at sale time.

+ Reply to Thread