Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nz sales

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    I think the old supply and demand principle will see service fees reduce. As the number of mares being bred falls, and especially at the top end of the service fee range, stallion owners will have no choice but to chase the business. They need full books to try and make money on their investment and service fee reductions, discounts and payment deals will be the order of the day. It will be interesting to watch.
    As Jason suggested, the relationship between costs (service fees, other breeding costs, training fees, stakes payments) and average earning potential (prizemoney, handicapping) has risen greatly over the years. Service fees has probably been the most significant element in this respect.
    I hope the sport and the economy sort themselves out soon. It's scary at the moment.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Neil;18916]were you happy with your lot Tony?

Without bias....
    No not really. I have wondered for the last 2 days what it was that buyers were looking for. Pedigrees meant nothing and from our experience neither did type.
    The instructions were to sell and so he did. After not drawing a bid for his three minutes in the ring, all of a sudden somebody must have clicked who his uncle was and 9 bids took his price to 16k.I think the owners were a little shocked when I rang with the result. If they were here, I think I would be breaking him in next week but alas last years visit put them off for good. He wasn't far from what they hoped for so I have to say they were realistic i guess.
    We had a nice colt. Any number of people on the bus tour commented on him. Some of the better judges I know thought him the best colt they saw that day.
    when I saw him on Sunday at the parade, I couldn't believe how he had grown and filled out over the previous 10 weeks since we sent him north.
    It's the same with most international pedigrees..most people don't understand them or their significance.
    All I can say in ending...I'm glad we never contemplated selling the filly. She would never have reached her anything like her value. (owners' view)
    I can see her heading states side. Artsplace mares have immeasurable value there.

econd day was more like the old third day...trainers' day. How did Mickee feel giving horses away. you get more for hacks than what the hammer fell on some of his horses. Pedigrees like some of them were headline grabbers a few years ago. Next thing he'll be having a trotters only Ready to Run sale and filling the catalog himself...!!!!!

Was 65K good money for a full bro to ITMQ.???
    Is it still good money if that full bro is a RIG..?????
    Last edited by teecee; 03-08-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    haven't talked to Mickeee since the sales. I don't know how he does it.

I'm just glad I work for a living and the horses are a use of that little bit of discretionary income.

him and I have a Sundon filly foal that we need to work out what to do with her.

not including her in the syndicate - gone with two The Pres foals - one out of a full to Roydon Flash.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    [QUOTE=teecee;18957]
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    were you happy with your lot Tony?

Without bias....
    No not really. I have wondered for the last 2 days what it was that buyers were looking for. Pedigrees meant nothing and from our experience neither did type.
    The instructions were to sell and so he did. After not drawing a bid for his three minutes in the ring, all of a sudden somebody must have clicked who his uncle was and 9 bids took his price to 16k.I think the owners were a little shocked when I rang with the result. If they were here, I think I would be breaking him in next week but alas last years visit put them off for good. He wasn't far from what they hoped for so I have to say they were realistic i guess.
    We had a nice colt. Any number of people on the bus tour commented on him. Some of the better judges I know thought him the best colt they saw that day.
    when I saw him on Sunday at the parade, I couldn't believe how he had grown and filled out over the previous 10 weeks since we sent him north.
    It's the same with most international pedigrees..most people don't understand them or their significance.
    All I can say in ending...I'm glad we never contemplated selling the filly. She would never have reached her anything like her value. (owners' view)
    I can see her heading states side. Artsplace mares have immeasurable value there.

econd day was more like the old third day...trainers' day. How did Mickee feel giving horses away. you get more for hacks than what the hammer fell on some of his horses. Pedigrees like some of them were headline grabbers a few years ago. Next thing he'll be having a trotters only Ready to Run sale and filling the catalog himself...!!!!!

Was 65K good money for a full bro to ITMQ.???
    Is it still good money if that full bro is a RIG..?????
    purchased by the quinns syndicate, plus they took home quite a few other nice ones. Need to spend some of the 600k winners cheque i spose.

+ Reply to Thread