Hunter Cup nite at Melton, the "Trots" are back!
1. Sundons Gift had a great return to racing after a year off, he settled about 30m from My Escapee and I Didnt Do It who were going hammer and tongs up front, at the finish he nosed out IDDI and was only 3.5m from the winner, great return first up will only get fitter.
2. Smolda, wow. 3 wide most of the trip, quarters of 28.6, 28.3, 28.8, 27.6 MR rate 1:52.6
3. Very exciting Derby, Chris Alford very surprised when Caesar Augustus put the foot to the metal when he did and was caught off guard a little, Guaranteed checked/galloped a little but then quite exciting to see him recover, go around the 2 leaders and keep coming, great recovery on the horses behalf just failed by 2.1m, would've won if had of kept the lead. Great run winner.
4. Mister Zion, legend. Group 1 winning pacer, now also Group 1 winning Trotter! Amazing, well done to Geoff Webster great training effort, well deserved to the horse and good to grab the win off the kiwis!
5. The Butt factor wins the Hunter Cup again. After his Ballarat Cup win looked almost a moral really for this race, very fast quarters wasnt left alone at all in front, great win.
So close for the Jaccka Clive camp, nearly stole the glory, another place in the Hunter Cup with him. Awesome run Caribbean Blaster, apart from Pub Blitz flying home in sprint lane the only horse who seemed hard done by was Bitobliss. Last all the way, went to move at the bell but about 5 horses went in front of him, last at the 400m Scott praying for an opening anywhere but didnt really come, followed Our Blackbird home down the straight hard held, never out of 2nd gear.
5 and a half. I got 101/1 Fixed for Marita Louise Ok in the second race early in the week on her giant run the week before, 101 was ludicrous, couldnt believe my eyes about $20 the place, had $50 each way on wednesday and waited. Great chance to win but certainly not a moral, but a moral to place i thought. She ran second so missed the win 5k but got the place, so thats my half!