Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 7 Heats each Gold Crown & Gold Tiara

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Thanks aussiebreno for your explanation here where i live we have at least 20 trainers in the local area and good sponsors are we to lose most of them if we are to travel to a bigger area like Bathurst and Wagga 2/12 to 4 hours we would probaly lose at least 1/2 of the trainers also the foals they breed to race themselves how are you supposed to try and get more people involved in our industry if we lose the sponsors and trainers small clubs must be kept going for the betterment of the industry IMO

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Also with the 7 winner's 3 were out of of non race winning mares and not 1 of the winner's dam had a better than 2 minute winning race record and of the race winning mare's only 2 won a metropilaton penalty race or race's the youngest mare was 5 and the oldest was 20yrs old at the time of foaling ? so does the age of a mare really matter or for that matter does a 2.00 or better mare throw a better foal than any other mare ?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Winston

Personally it doesn't matter me what age a mare is but the thing you will notice is that very few people are willing to spend good money on service fee's for older mare's and a lot of buyer's steer clear of progeny at sale's that are out of mare's 15yrs or older. And i wouldn't say that a 2min mare would throw a better foal but you would hope that it would throw a horse with the same or if not better ability. There has been a lot of unraced mare's throw great horses, so what it probably come's back to is how strong the family is and what sought of type is it.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Totally agree Mango but you hear a lot of people say she's too old to throw a good one and so on what they don't understand Genes don't change as you get older and i've said buy a family and you can't go wrong

triplev123
    I agree. Genes do not change. If you look after them there's no reason why older mares can't keep on producing good horses.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Bathurst

Rce 1- Equity Kicker
    Rce 3- Hes Magic Red
    Rce 5- Grand Stride/Desirable Guy
    Rce 7- Soho Valencia
    Rce 8- Lamorak
    Rce 9- Grouse Party House (Mightymo)
    Rce 10- Major Frank (Sorry Triple)

triplev123
    He'll want to be on his game Mango. The boy is ready to rumble.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    hope you are right mango. i bred hes Magic red as well, so will be nice to have 2 finalists. ( i actually bred 5 starters in the heats!)

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Your breeding's looking good Mightymo.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Just watched the heats again and i must say there are no standouts in either 2yr old division, there all an even bunch compared to other years when there were standouts going into the finals. Draws will play a big part in it but if i had to pick something this far out it would be Dream Runna in the fillies and Grand Stride in the colts. What do other people think of the heats and who do they like this far out.

+ Reply to Thread