Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who takes your fancy at today's Shep Sale

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Who takes your fancy at today's Shep Sale

Not putting this in Breeding yet TC as the main board seems to be dying so I am not going to hide a thread relevant to today (some members do not visit Breeding forum even on a weekly basis)

As I posted elsewhere there would seem to be enough 'Maori family' blood to tempt even a non-trotter like myself but although the bottom line of the peds seem strong, it would seem that the top line is what has seen them "on the market". Skyvalley appears quite a bit - I am guessing he has not done enough to make his progeny 'must keeps'

So if I was going to stick my neck out I would consider (Be warned: amateur's opinions follow)

Lot 3 Christmas Cullen - in foal to Somebeachsomewhere (future pedigree looks nice enough) and she has produced fair horse in Christmas Jolt, the 2nd dam looks weak in pedigree but bred to Christian Cullen has produced this producing mare

Lot 12 Far Apart - she has time to prove herself a producer, 2nd and 3rd dams much better than average

Lot 17 Soho Joplin - she is a young mare, Power Bunny may not do much for the pedigree but that did not stop the 2nd dam producing Manifold Bay (a favourite without whom I would not be selecting this lot) The 3rd dam's work is going to appeal to a lot of West Aussie's

Lot 20 Luda Can Dance - another young mare with a great pedigree. I'm not sold on being in foal to Million Dollar Cam (although Pedigree Parnter rates the match)

? Lot 26 Nothin Bettor probably worth a couple more goes following the argument of Lot 12 her half sis but she is 3yrs older (had more chances) and is not in foal. I could say buy them both and hope for 1/2 or you could be excused for now thinking give them both a miss

Lot 37 With Guile - not that old, has produced one, good family, in foal to Somebeachsomewhere

As far as the trotters go, I wouldn't knock back a free share in lots 21,31,56

Anybody else got a fancy? Or have anything good for breakfast today

You will find the link to the catalogue here

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=34277
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-23-2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: link
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I only got to the teens but 11 and 12 look ok

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Can answer the breakfast query only, Vogel's cafe style muesli, over which I grated a Royal Gala apple and served with milk, we sitting here munching as I write. Thanks for the interest

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Lot 3 and lot 20 would be my picks as well Kev.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lot 3 Christmas Cullen, topped the sale going for $25k
    There must be some serious faults with Lot 20 Luda Can Dance as she went for a mere $1k

While Lot 12 was Passed In at $16k, her half sis Lot 26 sold for $750

Lot 17 went for $7.5k while Lot 37 was Passed In at $13k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Can answer the breakfast query only, Vogel's cafe style muesli, over which I grated a Royal Gala apple and served with milk, we sitting here munching as I write. Thanks for the interest
    Interesting. Royal Gala was last taken in 1999 for a filly who has no progeny so it could be available again, while I think Vogel and Munching would make good names
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.sheppartonhrc.com.au/news.php?id=776

Not great results if you bred some of these?
    A lot didn't reach their service fee.
    Crook for the breeder......again.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That might be the link to last year's sale Trish, it is not the sale I watched - here is the link to yesterday's results

http://www.sheppartonhrc.com.au/news.php?id=994
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Thanks Kevin.

Mixed Stock Sale 23-7-17 I just saw that date & assumed .

Anyway still not great for the breeder, I know how much time & effort goes into preparing them.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    One that was a real winner was the pacer/future broodmare disco darlin- fantastic horses in that family.

+ Reply to Thread